cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net email address suddenly stopped working

T1000

Plus Net email address suddenly stopped working

Hi

Its been a very long time since I was a plus net customer however myself and my dad have been using the plus net email addresses without a problem until today. 

Using outlook my dad has tried to logon using the same password (saved in outlook) but it will not let him logon. The password is 100% correct as it hasn't been changed in outlook.

I have tried using webmail for both mine and my dads and we just keep getting the same logon error. 

My dads email is an additional mailbox on my. I cannot access the customer login.

Not so much an issue for me as I have since changed to Gmail but my dad doesnt like change being an old un.

Any ideas thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plus Net email address suddenly stopped working

Hi @T1000 

A warm welcome to the forums.  For total clarity, are you referring to @account.plus.com email addresses or one of the multitude of legacy vISP mail addresses?

Are you saying that you cannot log into the user portal with your account-name and password?

Is this an active Plusnet (paid for) account or just a legacy mail only account?

What happens of you send an email to dad@youraccount.plus.com from Gmail - do you get a Non-Delivery-Report (NDR)?  The receipt on a NDR might indicate a fundamental issue with the account.

The fact that you cannot log in via webmail (using account-name or account-name+dad) somewhat eliminates the likelihood that Outlook is encountering an network issue which is 'presents' as being a password error.

Which version of Outlook does your dad use?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.