Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 E-mail account and Outlook 2021

FIXED
madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

POP3 E-mail account and Outlook 2021

Forgive the repeat posting on this subject:  I have tried to reply to another post on this subject and it would not let me do a reply.

Anyway, I (and a plusnet support person) have tried to set up an IMAP or POP3 account from Outlook 2021 with no luck having gone methodically through all the recommend and non-recommended setting.  Has anyone actualy done this (not just given advice on what the settings shold be).  If so, could you kindly let me know what procedure and settings you did to accomplish this?

I am coming in over a Virgin Media connection and the webmail access work perfectly OK.  Also my previous email client, Windows Live Mail, worked fine.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: POP3 E-mail account and Outlook 2021

I’ve not used OL 2021, but I would suspect that you’ll need to go figure the settings manually.

You have not indicated the detail of your issue - what error message are you receiving? Connecting off network will require that the smtp server (relay.plus.net port 587 STARTTLS) has authentication set.

The encryption for the incoming server should be TLS/SSL which is not clearly indicated in Plusnet’s set up guide.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

madswitcher
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: POP3 E-mail account and Outlook 2021

Fix

Just to close this question down, I took the view that if Plusnet tech support cannot crack this one why waste any more time on it.  So I installed the Thunderbird email Client and transfered data from Windows Essentials using 'Windows Live Mail Migrator' which worked like a charm.  I then used the Thnderbird settings as suggested by Plusnet.

All up and running  😃