Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from a certain source

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Not receiving emails from a certain source

I am not receiving emails from  a supplier of re-glaze lenses for glasses. It is the only instance of which I know, but how do I know that there may be others? I asked them to try again with my btinternet address which worked perfectly, including forwarding it to my .plus.com address. What are Plusnet email doing? Help!

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Not receiving emails from a certain source

@JamesE 

They are presumably identifying them as spam and rejecting them. Have you checked your spam settings in your account?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I'm not sure what it could be. However I have unticked "directly delete messages in junk". This is all that I could see. I'll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JamesE wrote:

I am not receiving emails from  a supplier of re-glaze lenses for glasses. It is the only instance of which I know, but how do I know that there may be others? I asked them to try again with my btinternet address which worked perfectly, including forwarding it to my .plus.com address. What are Plusnet email doing? Help!

Plusnet email will be doing what "the community" has informed its anti-spam platform it should do - treating email from that company as being substantially spam.

Plusnet uses CLOUD MARK as its anti-spam platform.  CLOUD MARK "learns" what is spam by people marking emails they have received as "spam".  The problem is that many users incorrectly mark email from parties THEY SUBSCRIBED to but have no further interest in as "spam" rather than correctly UNSUBSCRIBING from the mailing list.  This is very lazy and has the down side that those who want the communications might not receive them because the sending email address has now been identified as a purveyor of spam.

BTinternet might well be using a different anti-spam provider which has not profiled that sender as a purveyor of spam.

When BTinternet forwards the same email to your Plusnet account, it is no longer coming for the same sender and is therefore not trapped.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Reco_shop

@Townman this is what has happened to my business. My transactional emails were getting through fine for years until a few weeks ago. I now have angry customers that haven't received correspondence from me but I can't contact them to say what has happened! What is the route to contact PlusNet to get my domain whitelisted?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Reco_shop

I'm sorry to see your e-mails are being rejected. Could you private message me your account username, the unredacted bounceback, and a full copy of the headers of the e-mail you've tried to send, which was rejected?

The headers of the e-mail would need to be within 7 days for our NetOps team to take a look at the logs, and as it can take them a few days for them to get around to it as they're busy folk, I'd recommend sending a fresh e-mail at the time of messaging me then grabbing the headers from that. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet