Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received M&S email

shamus
Grafter

Re: Not received M&S email

If this was resolved, it isn't now.

My MIL is not receiving any emails from M&S relating to orders or Sparks offer emails.

I even tried forwarding an M&S email that I had received to her Plusnet account and it gets instantly rejected with the below error:

Error transferring to mx.avasin.plus.net; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 552 Spam Message Rejected

What info do you need to get this investigated?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @shamus, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry your mother-in-law is having some trouble with her emails and receiving them from M&S. I can see you/the account holder has been in touch with us today and a record of the discussion can be found here

Hope this helps. 

MartinGoose
Grafter

Same here. No Order or Sparks offer emails getting through.

fistsbs
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

still no Sparks offer emails

I have received Marks & Spencer eReceipt email

MartinGoose
Grafter

eReceipt emails come from a different domain and presumably are a third party service used by M&S. I also successfully received an eReceipt when I signed up temporarily as a test.

49Howarth
Dabbler

Yes, I'm having exactly the same problem, so I assume that the PlusNet server is blocking emails from M&S.

Please can someone investigate ASAP and report back to the Community.

Tags (1)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@49Howarth 

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Have you ever successfully received emails from M&S to the email address in question?

The original issue has been reported to be fixed, however there are still some rejections being seen, mainly due to the email address used by M&S being invalid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

49Howarth
Dabbler

Hi,

I've used the same 'PlusNet' email for >10 years, and it used to work with the M&S Sparks Card emails, but these emails stopped about 4 months ago.

I only realised there is a problem when I ordered some clothes via the M&S website and didn't receive a confirmation email, but I did receive a delivery email from the Post Office.

Hence M&S have the correct email address, but the PlusNet servers must be blocking emails to me from M&S.

Please can someone investigate and rectify ASAP.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is a topic the SU's have been monitoring proactively.  There was a specific problem some months ago which has been resolved.  Tech support have looked at your case today and they advise that there have been no rejections of emails sent to the email address / domain associated with your forum email address over the past 60 days.

It is therefore possible that M&S are not sending you emails at all - it would be logical to consider that (given you said 4 months have elapsed) that due to the historical problems, M&S suspended sending emails to you.  That possibility needs to be explored with M&S customer support.

Between midnight and 9am today, 177 emails from M&S were offered to the email gateway and just one was rejected due to a bad delivery address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MartinGoose
Grafter

Can you please be more specific about the sending domain. I can get eReceipts from M&S because they come from a different domain. Why should M&S stop sending emails when these eReceipts get through OK and prove my email address is valid?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There was no reference to sending domain above. The reference to ‘domain’ was in respect of the forum poster’s email address.

That poster referenced not receiving email from M&S for 4+ months. Their reality is probably that M&S are not actually sending any emails at all, because M&S have suspended their email address consequential to the historic issue.

Because someone believes a correspondent should have sent an email, without an affirmation from the sender that they actually did transmit said email, the assertion that emails are being rejected becomes an unsubstantiated presumption.

Where it is believed that anticipated emails are not received, it is essential that affirmation that they were actually transmitted (not just queued for transmission) be obtained from the sender. IIRC when this issue was first encountered, M&S reported that after a number of failures, they suspended the email addresses for certain communications. It would be reasonable to presume that eReceipts come from an entirely different business / system and are therefore not affected the same.

49Howarth
Dabbler

I've asked M&S to confirm they have been sending me emails in the last 60 days, but access to Customer Service is limited / difficult (via email or webchat), so I don't expect a quick response.

MartinGoose
Grafter

I have confirmed with my local M&S, several times, that emails are still being sent to my Plusnet address.

Until we get confirmation of the email domain that is successfully passing through Plusnet's MTA filters we have nothing to go back to M&S with, and we continue to play blame ping-pong.

Perhaps another person posting here who is receiving order confirmations and Sparks offer emails could give us the from: and reply to: addresses in the emails that they have received.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Here's a selection of the From: addresses that I'm receiving succesfully to a domain hosted elsewhere

M&S Sparks <sparks@news.marksandspencer.com>

M&S Food <marksandspencer@news.marksandspencer.com>

Marks & Spencer <marksandspencer@news.marksandspencer.com>

Marks and Spencer Service <email@service.marksandspencer.com>

MartinGoose
Grafter

Thank you MisterW.

Hopefully we can get some confirmation that emails from news.marksandspencer.com and service.marksandspencer.com are currently flowing correctly through Plusnet's email gateway.