Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received M&S email

fistsbs
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Not received M&S email

Hello

Are you blocking an email form no-reply@eorder.marksandspencervouchers.com.

I have turn of spam filter to see if that helps.

M&S say their have resent email several times but not received.

56 REPLIES 56
steed
Rising Star

Re: Not received M&S email

I am also not receiving emails from M&S. Both order emails and the 'Sparks' offer emails.

So I think Plusnet must be blocking them.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @fistsbs @steed - Ideally we'd need the email headers to see if we're blocking the sender's address. If you receive these emails on a different email account or if it's possible to redirect them temporarily for the purposes of investigating, this will help us get to the bottom of it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
fistsbs
Rising Star

I have had the M&S email sent to my Gmail acount and here is the header.

Original message

Message ID <1b97f869-575a-4074-befc-bf0ce4ca691e@las1s04mta1130.xt.local>
Created on: 8 August 2020 at 08:13 (Delivered after 0 seconds)
From: Marks and Spencer Service <email@service.marksandspencer.com>
To: [Removed]
Subject: An important message from us
SPF: PASS with IP 68.232.196.175 Learn more
DKIM: 'PASS' with domain service.marksandspencer.com Learn more
DMARC: 'PASS' Learn more
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
MartinGoose
Grafter

Same here. Both order emails and the 'Sparks' offer emails. However an email from our local branch manager did get through.

fistsbs
Rising Star

Any update on this problem?

MartinGoose
Grafter

Something from Plusnet staff would be good!

I have raised a support ticket as well to chase this up. I have changed the email address for my M&S account to my gmail address and await an email from them so that I can put a copy of the headers on the support ticket.

If there is any progress I can report publicly, I will use this discussion thread.

MartinGoose
Grafter

As an experiment I have moved my M&S account email address to my gmail address. I await any contact from them.

As a further experiment I subscribed to the M&S newsletter using the email address submission text box at the bottom of <https://www.marksandspencer.com/>. This worked with my gmail address, but with my Plusnet email address I received the following error message using multiple web browsers.

-------------------------------------
An unexpected error has occurred!
Error Message:    Unable to queue Triggered Send request. There are no valid subscribers.

Description:    An unexpected error occurred during the execution of the page.

line 0, column 0
Exception Info:
Unable to queue Triggered Send request.  There are no valid subscribers.

:  
Source:  
-------------------------------------

steed
Rising Star

Didn't get the "Sparks" email with the new offer(s), so still a problem with not receiving email from Marks And Spencer.

MartinGoose
Grafter

No new Sparks offers for me at present on the web site. I am waiting for the offer on the Sparks mobile phone app to expire in 6 days. Hopefully there will be something new then.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@JW - we have seen M&S misbehaving before and I believe that something was fixed with / by them  Does this need a re-visit please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

fistsbs
Rising Star

It look like this problem will not be fixed any time soon, Disappoint with plusnet. 

MartinGoose
Grafter

Plusnet are still working on my ticket and can find nothing which is blocking emails from M&S.

I placed an order with M&S earlier today for click and collect at my local M&S Simply Food. The web site confirmation said it would send an email to my gmail address. Nothing so far.

I am beginning to suspect that it is a M&S problem but my local store manager has been unable to get a reply from his internal tech support contact.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@JW - a nudge for post #11 - any thoughts please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

This should now be resolved. I had someone with appropriate access take a look at the mail logs on our side, and when they saw that we were only getting a few emails in from M&S, where as a company of their size we'd expect to see more, they had an idea what could be causing it. They've performed some percussive maintenance and can now see more emails than before coming in from M&S.

I'd expect it to take a while for any queued emails on the M&S side to come through, tough assuming their mail server is following standards anything from more than five days ago won't come through.

Jon W
 Plusnet