cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email via imap for several hours

chesterfield
Grafter

No email via imap for several hours

I can see there have been issues with certificates, which may be ongoing.

Would this explain the lack of email received to devices connected to imap.plus.net?

Can see emails just fine on webmail?
10 REPLIES 10
andytab
Dabbler

Re: No email via imap for several hours

Same here. No emails received on 3 email clients all day.

All emails showing fine in webmail.

chesterfield
Grafter

Can you confirm if these are android clients?

Ive looked at my dektop pc where I use outlook to connect to plusnet imap, and all mail is showing.  On Android however no mail is coming through since yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.

Quite annoying as my wife missed an email from our daughters dance school because of it and now the awards ceremony is full and we are on the reserve list.

Power14
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

The same here, on 3 email accounts (SSL connection failed - certificate failed) since yesterday.

Grimaudiere
Hooked

Ditto.  All plusher accounts cannot log in.  Mac using Mac mail or Mac Outlook. Web mail works fine.

Mail is arriving on iPhone though.

Grimaudiere
Hooked

(Should have said, iPhone has SSL turned off - that seems to be the difference)

AndyK2

Problems here since the end of August. Thunderbird on Windows 10 keeps complaining:

Non-overridabe [sic] TLS error occurred. Handshake error or probably the TLS version or certificate used by the server imap.plus.net is incompatible.

Checked and triple-checked the settings. Multiple other mail accounts on the same Thunderbird installation are working. 

I gather recent versions of Thunderbird have tightened up on acceptable TLS versions, so I even edited the Thunderbird configuration to be more lax about what versions it accepted. No joy.

Meanwhile on another Windows 10 PC with a slightly older version of Thunderbird, it all continued to work fne... until this morning. That one now can't access the IMAP server at all.

I even fired up Outlook (ugh) and added the IMAP account there, and it worked fine for a few days but that's also now unable to connect to the server.

Stop press: Inspired by Grimaudiere's post I've just tried reconfiguring to switch SSL off and use port 143, and the backlog of mail is now flooding in. That's not a solution I like though. Definitely something up with the certificates...

No21Bees

I have exactly the same issue. I fixed it by disabling SSL certificate.

emails are now arriving on mac book mail. not an ideal fix  but hope we get some info later as to why the email status was green but no email was working????

Its a pity there is no way to contact plus net support apart from "broadband fault" which i do not have....

Power14
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Just checked my emails on Outlook 2019, now all are downloading emails from the servers. No SSL errors.

Grimaudiere
Hooked

Yes - just turned SSL back on on all my -email accounts and it is all working again.  Phew.

andytab
Dabbler

Emails came through about midday today.
@ chesterfield. Frustrating isn't it.
I got nothing on outlook on pc windows or
two email clients on Android.