cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails

Seula

Missing emails

At least two emails sent to me on 22 Nov, from separate senders, failed to arrive.  I received other email normally that day, and each sender was able to successfully sent me email both prior to, and after, 22 Nov.  My PN spam filter is off and the missing emails were not in my junk folder.  One of the missing emails had no attachment and the other had a single PDF attachment of roughly 1.4MB.

I was lucky in the respect that both senders prompted me for a reply and thus alerted me to the missing emails.  However, my concern is that others might be missing, or might go missing in future, so if possible I'd like to understand what the issue was and that it has been addressed - thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Missing emails

Hi @Seula,

I'm sorry to hear that this occurred. Have the senders been able to re-send the emails since it initially failed, or are any similar emails failing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Seula

Hi TheMightyAJ,

Sorry for taking a while to reply.

The senders each successfully re-sent their original e-mails to me have since sent other e-mails with no issue.  It seems to have been a glitch on 22 Nov that affected some but not all of my mail.

Thanks.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us @Seula. I'm glad to hear that the issue hasn't reoccurred since and that it hasn't affected all the mail on that day or from those senders. It would be difficult to retrospectively review this particular problem and pin down what exactly caused it, however, please know if it happens again (which it shouldn't) and we'll be happy to review the case further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team