Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish emails to gmail bounce

FIXED
Porthrepta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Madasafish emails to gmail bounce

@sunlive oh yes, now I recall the same as that.

What worked for me (strangely in my view!) is, to log into the members page first and then click the link.
For me that worked.

I tried to verify the above, but for me, the Plusnet site is down, says BUSY and I cannot log in!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

No idea if it's the same for Madasafish though.

It isnt, I'm afraid there's no facility to set SPF records on Madasafish accounts

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Guidance updated...

Configuring SPF on hosted domains

Some email service providers (notably Gmail) have mandated the SPF & DKIM non-mandatory RFCs on other email providers, such as Plusnet. This can bring about significant difficulty when attempting to send emails from one's own domain name (e.g. me@mydomain.me.uk) to 'gmail.com addresses.

SPF configuration is facilitated by the addition of a TXT record in the domain's DNS settings. Plusnet's DNS configuration tool for hosted domains does not permit the creation of TXT records. However, there is an unsupported "facilitation" which will create an SPF record for a hosted domain.

On the basis that your account ALREADY has a hosted domain, go to Manage Account -> Manage Your Domains -> Configure domain name ... and create an "Additional DNS records (Advanced)" as follows...Screenshot 2023-01-25 155752.png

For the avoidance of doubt: leave the left side blank, exactly as shown.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.