Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email closure

theoldandgrey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

email closure

As I have a greenbee email address and in view of the forthcoming closure where will I find my notification of billing?  The info is probably available somewhere but as yet I cannot find it.  Many thanks.  I do have other gmail addresses

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: email closure

@theoldandgrey This 'forthcoming closure' as postulated by many with total lack of knowledge, is a myth.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Would be best articulated as "unconfirmed speculation".

There has been speculation of the future of email for years ... and for years front line agents have been shooting from the mouth things which have not come to pass.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@theoldandgrey 

Log into your Plusnet account, go to the Manage Account page and change the email address to your gmail one.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@jab1 

The OP has a Greenbee email address, not Plusnet. I’m not very close to it but believe that with the closure of JL broadband that their email accounts are closing.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If Greenbee = JLP - that is indeed a different story.

This is though the PLUSNET forum. which JLP users should not be using.

If the user has migrated from JLP to Plusnet, then bills will go to whatever email address was used in the Plusnet sign-up journey.  I hope that they did not use their Greenbee email address!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

I apologise if I have offended but as Greenbee was taken over by Plusnet and my bills come from them I thought that by asking on this forum I was doing the right thing - obviously not

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Thank you.  I could not find anywhere that mentioned that option specifically for the account billing.  I am now good to go and will try it shortly. 😀

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@theoldandgrey

No offence felt or taken. My phrasing might have been better. You may post here, indeed anyone (customer or not) may do so … however JLP customers are not offered support through these forums by Plusnet Staff.

The most JLP users can hope for here is best intentions guidance from other customers.

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Thank you- I was only expecting help from other members of the community so my intentions were acceptable.  Thank you for confirming the situation

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

... the problem being is that in the middle of this we got the context and message wrong for you, which would not have happened for a Plusnet user - staff would have responded up front.

It transpires that the termination of email for the JLP brands is in fact a done deal (as you were advised) ... whereas that for the other brands is unconfirmed speculation.

theoldandgrey
Rising Star

Thank you for that I think I was seeing more problems than there actually are. I'll blame my advancing years (89) although I am pretty digitally adept.  Anyway I finally chatted on the phone and it was all sorted very quickly and all I had to do was literally just change my email address to one of my gmail ones.  I had been unsure whether they expected us to use a plus.net one for the webmail.  However now sorted so back to my website designing - much more interesting.  Thanks