cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish e mail set up

WUBNUT1
Dabbler

Madasafish e mail set up

I need help in setting up my madasafish.com e mail on my android tablet. I having been using the address for ages on my pc and android phone but now struggle to set it up again. I've read all the Plusnet set up info but I'm getting nowhere. Advice please?

12 REPLIES 12
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Madasafish e mail set up

Thanks for your post @WUBNUT1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues setting up your Madasafish emails on your Android tablet.

Can you confirm you're using the below details first?

Brand Incoming Server (POP3)
Port 110
Incoming Server (IMAP)
Port 143
Outgoing Server (SMTP)
Port 25 or 587
Username Format Secondary Format Email Address Format Mail Capacity
Madasafish mail.madasafish.com mail.
madasafish.com
[full email address] [username]@
madasafish.com
250MB

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WUBNUT1
Dabbler

Gandalf thanks for the reply.

I am using the settings you indicate with no success. I attach screenshots to help. I am satisfied I am using the correct password perhaps not as sure about anything else.Madasafish.jpgMadasafish1.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @WUBNUT1 

For Madasafish, the username it asks for should be your full email address. Can you change it and try again?

Let me know what happens Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WUBNUT1
Dabbler

Sorry still getting the same 'Can't set up account notice'

Untitled-2.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for your response @WUBNUT1 and I'm sorry to see that you're still having problems here. Are you able to try changing the username to this format instead:

mailbox@username.madasafish.com

Give that a go and let us know how you get on. If your mailbox is incorporated into your domain, this changes things as well with your server settings:

If a customer has a domain, the following servers should be used, replacing the 'domain' with the customer's domain name:

• Incoming mail server - mail.domain.co.uk
  • Outgoing mail server - smtpmail.domain.co.uk

The following username and password combination should be used when using a domain for authentication (again, replacing the 'domain' with the customer's domain name:

• Username  - mailbox@domain.co.uk
  • Password  - the mailbox password

Please note that the password for a mailbox which incorporates a domain is not contained anywhere on your account.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
WUBNUT1
Dabbler

I'm halfway there in that I can send e mails but not receive.

I've tried every variation of username and incoming and outgoing server info I can think of. Last used was Incoming mail.plus.net   and Outgoing relay.plus.net so one of them worked.

I now get a notification -

Unable to receive email

The email server (mail.plus.net) is not responding

Error message s.jpg

WUBNUT1
Dabbler

Ignore the previous message as I can no longer send or receive. I attach a screenshot of my set up screen and ask advice as to what I should put where, as I'm getting nowhere. I reiterate that I use the same email address on my laptop and an Android phone with no problems, just this Android tablet.Blank sign in.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues setting up your emails on your Android tablet.

If you're using all the information we've given you and that's the same as what you've setup your laptop and phone with, the issue seems to be a setting somewhere within the tablet. Having said that, try the following settings:

Email address

username@madasafish.com

Password

The account password used to login Here.

POP3 server

mail.madasafish.com

Port

Security type

None, or normal password if there's an option for that

Outgoing server

mail.madasafish.com

Security type

None, or normal password if there's an option for that

Port

25 or 587

Authentication required before sending emails  - make sure that's ticked

Username - username@madasafish.com

Password - The account password used to login Here.

If there's an option for an IMAP server instead of POP3, try the port 143 with the other above^ settings the same

Let us know how you get on Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
WUBNUT1
Dabbler

I'm sorry to say I'm getting nowhere with getting into my madasafish mail on various devices I've tried. Even using WebMail does not function correctly, see screen shot.

There is something wrong with with Madasafish/Plusnet end of the business that is preventing me accessing email on my new device. It is my main email address and now becoming difficult to conduct my activities.

Please review Webmail error.jpg

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @WUBNUT1, thanks for getting back to us.

If you haven't already, we'd recommend logging into your madasafish account here:
https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/summary/
This will confirmed whether the email you're entering on the email client set-up is correct or not.
By all means if the password isn't being accepted then this can be changed here:
https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/

Looking over your details above screenshots you've shown, the only thing I can see out of place when checking this side is the username not showing the full email address as already confirmed by my colleague.
If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking the email client details on your android phone or laptop before giving it another go in setting up the email on your tablet.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issue when trying ot send emails via webmail recently also. Can you confirm if the error message you've seen is occuring on all messages you try to send or was it just a one off occurrence?

We look forwards to hearing from your further.

erf

WUBNUT1
Dabbler

Thank you for your help my problem is fixed thanks to a call into Customer Support

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @WUBNUT1, thanks for getting back to us and it's great to hear your issue has since been resolved. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.