Did you mean: 

Madasafish/Plusnet webmail issues.

FIXED
FrankFitz1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Madasafish/Plusnet webmail issues.

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and need some help with my old Madasafish email.

I’ve had my Madasafish account since 2000 and for some time have found it to be slow and often unusable. (Obviously I was migrated over to Plusnet and used the web portal to log in).

I now find myself unable to log in to my webmail after I started a new account with Plusnet in order to gain help with my slow and unresponsive email issue.

My questions are as follows:

How can I access my Madasafish webmail account again?

If there is. Is there any way my slow and unresponsive mail account can be improved?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Madasafish/Plusnet webmail issues.

Hi there,

Are you logging into webmail.plus.net using your full Freenetname email address and/or domain name as the username? 

Once you're in, the steps Here or using basic webmail should hopefully help with the performance issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi. Thanks for getting back.

I have been logging into my mail using my full freenetname address for many years.

Over the past few years I had noticed that my mail was sluggish and often nothing was coming through. I slowly migrated accounts attached to this address to my gmail account. However, there are some accounts that are still connected to it.

I have been on the forums and tried some of the solutions suggested but to no effect.

I then signed up to the plusnet web page in order to post about my problem but with the result that i can no longer access my madasafish (plusnet) web mail with either my old log in details or my new plusnet details.

I would like to keep the email address associated with this acount and hopefully have it working properly as I've had it so long (despite the limitations in mailbox size).

I hope you can help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Frank,

There's nothing you can do on our website which can affect your Madasafish/Freenetname account. 

My thoughts. Is your password for webmail automatically saved in your web browser? Is it possible that when you signed up to the forums you've used a different password instead and your browser is trying to sign in to webmail using this? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi,

My Madasafish password was always saved in my browser so I never had to input it to access my mail.

I initially thought I could use the same details to log in/contact Plusnet. Obviously that's not the case so created a separate log-in. I may well have done something to effect my Madasafish password but am at a loss as to know what. It just seemed strange to be unable to now access my mail shortly after setting up my Plusnet details?

Any advice?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's likely that your browser is trying to login to webmail using your forum or Plusnet password rather than mail password. 

Are you able to manually type in your password rather than let your browser do it? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi, yes, and I have tried manually. But to no effect - just says log-in failed. This password was one I've used for some time so I'm confident it was the right one. I tried some variations but still no luck.

Is there any way that my password can be reset?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah okay, are you able to try logging in through private browsing or incognito mode if you use Chrome?

Wanting to rule out the browser auto-filling the password as it can change what you enter even if you type it manually. 

There's details on how to change your password Here but that may not help if you're sure you're using the right password. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi, Will try this later this evening and get back - thanks for your advice.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem, let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi,

Well, did as you suggested with the browser and gained access to my Madasafish page where I was able to reset the password and now have access to my mail. - Great Stuff and thanks!

I still now have the issue of slow and unresponsive mail. Having applied the 'round/cube' fix sometime ago when i first encountered the problem, there seems to be little difference in performance. I've rechecked that the settings are correct. 

One of the things I've noticed is when sending a mail I get a red box telling me that 'an error occured. no free disc space' shortly followed by 'message sent successfully'. When testing to my gmail account, I receive the mail, but when replying receive no message back in my plusnet/madasafish mail?

I've also tried Squirrel Mail but cannot log in at all using my new password?

I notice that I'm not alone in having these issues and that it's been on-going for some time. Is there anything further I can do?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Frank,

Awesome, I'm glad that you can log in now. No problem and I'm really sorry for the performance issues. 

The no free disk space error suggests that you've either reached the 250MB mailbox quota or you're very close to it. 

I've also seen that a large mailbox can cause things to slow down, so it may be worth setting your emails up on a mail client to manage your mail and you can download/archive emails to a particular device to save space on the server. If you want to give it a go, you'll need the settings found here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

To log into Squirrel Mail, you'd use the same details as you'd use for Roundcube. Are you typing your full email address where it says "Name" and manually typing your new password in the password box? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Hi,

With Squirrel mail I'm manually typing in exactly the way I would to access my normal webmail. Will keep trying.

As to the quota. There's hardly anything in the mailbox and I regularly delete junk? So is there some hidden stuff I'm not deleting?

I will try to download to my pc (confess not that tech savvy but will give it a go).

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hey Frank,

If you go to Settings at the top right then the Folders tab in webmail, are all the folders ticked? This would suggest that they'd be visible for you to view in the main view. Do you empty the deleted items folder as well? 

Also I've disabled and enabled the webmail component on your account to refresh things in the system which may help. 

No worries, let me know if you get stuck and I'll be happy to help. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FrankFitz1
Dabbler

Well, that seems to have been the issue! Those particular folders were not ticked and I found a load of old stuff in there to delete!

Things seem to be running better for now!

Thanks for all your help and your quick responses - much appreciated!

Frank