cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing emails again

SagaPlus
Dabbler

Losing emails again

A btinternet address has been rejected and they were important arrangements so I have added it into the whiteboard.

I am getting sick and tired of this rubbish service. Do other email providers have this continual spam rejection problem ?

I am considering moving to fibre with another supplier , would I be rid of these nuisances if I did ?

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Losing emails again

@SagaPlus I don't quite understand what you are saying here. Is this an incoming mail, and if so how do you know it was rejected? If it was an outgoing mail, what messages, if any, did you receive to tell you it was rejected?

In terms of moving provider, if you do that , you will lose your PN email address on account closure.

John
SagaPlus
Dabbler

Sorry I didnt make it clear.

I have been trying to arrange a funeral and the minister is using a btinternet address. She has told us that she is having trouble sending the emails to us. This sort of nuisance has been going on for ages , I have posted it before on this forum.

Do all email services have this problem ?

You would not have thought that a church minister was a likely spam source.

jab1
Legend

Sorry for your loss. In that case, could you ask the sender for a little more information - like what message they receive when trying to send?

I don't know if all email services have this problem - I have only used the PN service for the past 13 years.

Have you successfully received any messages from them?

It depends on the content of the message, rather than the sender, as to how Cloudmark treats the message.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@SagaPlus wrote:

I am considering moving to fibre with another supplier , would I be rid of these nuisances if I did ?

Very few ISPs these days provide a free Email service.

There are many reasons for emails to be rejected. Spam filtering is being tightened down all the time and it coulfd be something in the content of the message, or the way that you are sending it, that triggered a spam filter, be at the Plusnet or BT end. It is wrong to simply assume that this is a Plusnet problem, you coulld be falsely triggering a feature there to protect you or the other party from spam..

Email services are now an important part of daily life so many people use a professional service, the cost, with a personalised domain name, is about £30 a year. There are also many free email providers. Either gives you the advantage of being independant of your ISP.

If you would like help with finding out what has happened or about alternative services then please provide more detail.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SagaPlus
Dabbler

When organising a funeral the error message displayed etc on the ministers computer is not top of the agenda.

We have had a long two way conversation between the Minister and my Sisters. I think that some of her transmitted messages must not have got through.

People have been considering using email to deliver legal writs ,  I dont know how that is going to work. I have used plusnet for all the time I have used broadband , 20 years or more.

jab1
Legend

Again, I am sorry, but without something concrete to work on, no-one can offer any help.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Email services are now an important part of daily life so many people use a professional service

TBH I would not have expected a minister to be using a 'btinternet' personal address to send/receive formal email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

For the record … there’s every possibility that the issue is with the minister!s email service.

In respect of our church email addresses, we cannot communicate to Outlook.com, Hotmail, live.co.uk or in some cases to my Plusnet hosted domain name. This is not an issue with Plusnet, but rather the reputation of our hosting provider … AWS.

Don’t just jump on bandwagons and assume it’s the receiving email provider!s fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SagaPlus
Dabbler

Naturally. I have just had another bounce from the care home replying to the funeral notice.  My main reason for using Plusnet is the 20 years use of this email address. I dont suppose that complaining would help as I would have to wait for half an hour on the phone to be told by some 16 year old that I didnt really have a problem.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

If you can get hold of the non-delivery reports, then by all means call the support desk.  They do have new procedures for helping with these issues.