cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping domain and email

drsrogers

Keeping domain and email

Hello

I will be moving my broadband to a different provider but would like to keep the domain that I have hosted by Plusnet and my email addresses.

While I understand that it is possible to maintain an email only account, I would like to confirm if it is possible to maintain the domain too?

As the email addresses are used for business I would like to understand if there is a risk that my email accounts will be temporary disabled during the process of cancelling my broadband? And if so for how long?

Furthermore is there a risk that the emails that are saved on the server could be deleted too?

Thanks in advance

Marcus
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Keeping domain and email

@drsrogers I can't answer the domain question I'm afraid, as I have had no involvement/interest in that component, but with regards to the email question: The email component is cancelled along with the account, but re-activated within 2/3 days, and you will need to re-enter any additional mailboxes you have created in addition to the default one before they can be 'revived'. This is a manual process so you need to be quick, and keep your eye on progress, although the system usually gets it right.

You will unfortunately lose any mail sent to you between account closure and creation of the 'mail only' account as your mail function will not 'exist' until it has been recreated.

If you save mail to the server (IMAP account?) they should not be lost.

HTH?

John
drsrogers

Re: Keeping domain and email

Thank you for your reply.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience regarding keeping a domain name when cancelling their broadband and phone package

Thanks