cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think Email is mostly working now but ...

FIXED
CrashBangWallop
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I think Email is mostly working now but ...

Email to my phone still takes up to an hour

Webmail works, but dont use firefox, any attempt to reply to a mail closes the reply window

MS edge seems to work, well it doesnt go bang

I have Emails in my inbox that were marked for deletion last week

There is a period where Jobserve either had a lie down or its jabber has been lost along with other stuff.

However this is the best it has been since last Thursday, so well done to some of you.

I dont know how much of the fire on TrustPilot you will be able to control though, good luck with that.

10 REPLIES 10
Spruce01
Grafter

Re: I think Email is mostly working now but ...

I am finding that I can access email via outlook Using IMAP but my POP account will not connect ( incorrect password error) and gmail is not able to connect either to pull down emails. I am still on globalnet if that makes any difference. 

CrashBangWallop
Grafter

The noise this fault has generated does highlight the mixed bag of Email systems Plusnet are managing.

Globalnet Force9 Madasafish all read like the sepia tinted internet of yesteryear and as an outsider I do wonder if this legacy and its user base diversity are part of the long time to resolution where fixing one fault tips another legacy estate onto its ear.

Looking at my previous posts, I was planning to stop using plusnet email, then I started trying to make a list of all the places it might be active and a nagging doubt reared its head.

Is there a policy in place to prevent my email address being re-registered by a new plusnet user ?

I can get to all the important stuff but what if I missed one and some chancer joins plusnet with the intent of re-using my dormant email address ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@CrashBangWallop It is impossible (or as near as), because your email is tied into your account, and 'new' accounts cannot be created with an already issued account.

John
Spruce01
Grafter

That is exactly why I have kept using my globalnet account even after plusnet stopped taking money for it. It is rather daunting to untangle it all but I think I now need to grasp the nettle and convert to gmail but that is contingent on being able to extract emails from globalnet for a few months to make sure I have not overlooked anything important. The gmail extract worked fine until all this shenanigans started.

Spruce01
Grafter

I have had another fiddle this morning and increased the server time out in my account settings and that seemed to do the trick...except that I now see the service status is back to normal so I will never know which it was that fixed it!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

@jab1 wrote:

@CrashBangWallop It is impossible (or as near as), because your email is tied into your account, and 'new' accounts cannot be created with an already issued account.

... and new users cannot utilise the email component.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@Townman Even if they ask?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Without actually attempting to do so, it is not possible to know!

One would though need to ask why anyone annually flitting from one ISP to another would these days chose to adopt a mail service tied to this year's flavour of ISP?  All sense of establishing a long term relationship between user and supplier has long been consigned to history.

That thought has caused me to reflect on the bazar manner in which the utility industries work.  Gas, electricity and the internet are each essentially the same product having one supplier ... but are (re)sold by a plethora of retail resellers ... each charging a different price for what the bout (one presumes) at the same price.

Why should the same BTOR service cost different depending upon the chosen reseller? ... but that is way of topic!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Okay, @Townman - and I ain't going to be doing that, so no guinea-pig here. 😀

John
CrashBangWallop
Grafter

That indirectly answers the question asked by other customers.

Are you making a statement that ISP Email will no longer be offered to new plusnet customers ?