cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need An Email Address

Lynda
Grafter

I Need An Email Address

My broadband is supposed to be live tomorrow but I've still not been able to set up an email address on the Plusnet website. It keeps telling me I'm a non-existent user. Can anyone help, please, and let me know how I get one set up as I need to inform people of a new one ?
Thanks,
Lynda~
Embarrassed
25 REPLIES 25
hulls
Grafter

Re: I Need An Email Address

Hi Lynda
You'll automatically get emails to anything@username.free-online.co.uk (in my case) if you're Plusnet, then I believe that you replace "free-online" with "plusnet",  You should be able to log on to the portal using your user name and password (but make sure that the right ISP server name is displayed).
Hope that helps
John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lynda,
No mailbox component was created on your account, most likely because it wasn't requested at signup (I suspect that's because you added an external email address as your contact address when you did). This isn't a problem at all - I've added the mailbox component now, if you leave it an hour or two and then log into the portal you'll be able to create the email address you'd like. Just log in and click 'email settings' on the left, then choose 'manage my mail'. You should be able to create your own address, which as Hulls says will be in the form of [anything]@[yourusername].plus.com. You'll be able to choose what you want in place of the [anything].
Hope that helps, but as I said it'll take a couple of hours for the new component to configure so please try logging in and adding one shortly after lunch if that's alright?
Please let us know if there's any problems.
Lynda
Grafter

I'll give it a go later this afternoon if I get a chance as I'm only accessing from the office !!! Thanks so much for fixing it, Matt, and John too for your help and explanations.
Cheers, Lynda X
Lynda
Grafter

STILL no luck-I've spent 90 minutes on the phone tonight JUST trying to sort out my broadband connection. I finally figured THAT out myself and now I can't set up a sodding email address-grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!
It says I have to add to this:
XX@yourdomain.co.uk
That wasn't what I'd read anywhere-I thought it was XX@myaccountname.plus.com
Please advise or set it up for me as I'm driven to distraction right now........
Cheers, Lynda~
Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are correct - someone is getting confused and it isn't you
Lynda
Grafter

Usually I set it up in Outlook myself but that won't work either......I've had the night from hell tonight just trying to access and now this....I'm at my wits' end, to be honest, and really need to sign off before my netbook is launched through the window !! I mean, just how bloody hard can they make things Huh
Thanks, Jim !!
Lynda X
Tongue
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Lynda,
If you go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings and then click on "Manage my mail" you should see something like the first picture where there should be a mailbox already there called username@ as shown
If there isn't anything there it is very likely that the mailbox hasn't been enabled properly
Assuming it is you should click on "Create new email address" which will give you the second picture.Your username should be where I have added usename already and all you need to do is type in the name of the mailbox such as Linda as shown - even if I didn't spell it correctly
Then click on "next" and select "Deliver to a new mailbox etc. then carry on from there
Lynda
Grafter

Yes, I went there and to the manage my email section.....then all I get is the domain mention choice of email. I try LK and the rest of it but it fails every time......so very aggravating !!!
Cheers, Lynda~
Sad
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It sounds like it hasn't been enabled properly
I will flag it up for Matt in the morning
Lynda
Grafter

I'd really appreciate that, Jim......my night was ruined last night. It doesn't take much for me to lose my temper and that was a nightmare experience getting set up in the first place and then to find after sorting that that the email was busted too !!!
Cheers, Lynda X
Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lynda,
I'm sorry that didn't work out - I've been able to create you a mailbox there by putting your username in the yourdomain box and it's created fine, though you'll need to send an email to it before you'll be able to log in as that'll create the folder structure. The address is currently [yourusername]@[yourusername].plus.com but if you now go into the manage my mail interface it'll look as it should do. You can change the bit before the @ sign there to whatever you like.
Hope that helps, and sorry again that it didn't work.
Lynda
Grafter

Morning Matt,
I just tried sending a test email to that address you created but it gets bounced right back to say the server or whatever KellyL doesn't exist !!
I'll try again this afternoon.
Lynda~
Huh
Lynda
Grafter

Just tried logging in again, Matt, and get this on the webmail page:
ERROR:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

So it's still not working. I've ent an email to the address you created and so did somebody else so it should be fine. Can I delete that mail address once I manage to sign in and create the one I wanted ?
Cheers, Lynda~
  Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Lynda,
Apparently it takes time for the DNS to propagate - it should be sorted later today