Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete plusnet email accounts?

FIXED
BlueRanger
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

How to delete plusnet email accounts?

I switched provider some time ago but kept my Plusnet email addresses active. As time passed I have been moving away from these but these are still receiving quantities of spam. 

I would now like to delete my plusnet email addresses and would like to know how to do so.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: How to delete plusnet email accounts?

@BlueRanger How do you access your emails - via webmail or a client. If webmail, just don't log into it and it will be closed once the 1GB storage limit has been exceeded for some time.

If via a client, just delete those addresses from it, and again the system will eventually stop accepting them

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Fix

@BlueRanger 

Do you still have access to Plus Net Members Centre?

From the home page >Manage account >Manage my email - here you can delete the email accounts.

Make sure you haven't a Catch All setup.

Hope this helps

Dan.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Good thinking. @Dan_the_Van  - not been there for so long, I forgot about it.

John
BlueRanger
Dabbler

Hello John,
Thanks for that but I have managed to access the member centre and deleted from there. 
All the best

BlueRanger
Dabbler

Hi Dan,

Sorted!

Many thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jab1 wrote:

@BlueRanger How do you access your emails - via webmail or a client. If webmail, just don't log into it and it will be closed once the 1GB storage limit has been exceeded for some time.

If via a client, just delete those addresses from it, and again the system will eventually stop accepting them

PLUSNET email addresses do not work like this, though some of the legacy brands do - when their storage allocation is full (250MB IIRC) they will decline accepting more emails.

In respect of PLUSNET mail accounts exceeding the 1GB FUP will result in the mailboxes being archived (emptied) and they will continue to receive email.  The risk with doing nothing is that important email might be delivered with no non-delivery bounce back.

Further it is not possible for the user to "kill off" the default email address.

@BlueRanger if you have moved away from Plusnet you would be wise to ask Plusnet to kill the account in its entirety, if you are still using them as your ISP, request that the email component be removed.  That is the only way to ensure that email to <default>@youraccount.plus.com cannot be routed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.