cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change metronet.co.uk email password for webmail and mail.metronet.co.uk

Mark31

How to change metronet.co.uk email password for webmail and mail.metronet.co.uk

At wits end trying to change Metronet email password. I can change my plusnet email password which is the same as my plusnet login. This works fine. 
However my old password for  my metronet email remains the same. How do I change this please? 
All my effort for support redirects me back to my "manage my mail" page on plusnet and my default metronet mail account is not listed there.
I can't change it on the Metronet login pages as they do not allow a login (for many years).

Any ideas please?

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: How to change metronet.co.uk email password for webmail and mail.metronet.co.uk

Hi @Mark31,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've had a look around and you should be able to reset the password via this webportal. Please let us know how it goes and we'll be happy to help if there are any issues Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mark31

Re: How to change metronet.co.uk email password for webmail and mail.metronet.co.uk

Hi Alex,

This may has fixed problem thank-you but then had a shock when the site you pointed me to told me the metronet email account was expiring on 9th december 2021. How can a stop it expiring please? Whey would it even expire?!?! 
Bit of a disaster if the account is suddenly going to expire.

Regards

Mark

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Mark31

Thanks a lot for getting back to us. As per the information on the site, please get in touch with our team to see what they can offer in terms of a new service. Please get in touch with us on 0800 432 0200 and our team will be more than happy to help.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Mark31 wrote:

the site you pointed me to told me the metronet email account was expiring on 9th december 2021. How can a stop it expiring please?

Out of interest, where’s it showing this? From what I can see the message on the Metronet site suggests it’s closing on 11th January 2016 which was when we migrated their broadband service to Plusnet. 

Could you post a screenshot? Redacting any account sensitive information of course. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button