Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with old ic24.net email

BrizzleRocker
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Help with old ic24.net email

I am writing on behalf of my father who is a happy Plusnet customer but still uses his old @ic24.net email address. From what I understand they were bought by madasafish who in turn were bought by plusnet.

Due to "reasons" he is only able to access this email via Webmail and even then the service is very poor and often will not let him login. IMAP acces via Outlook 365 no longer works. He has a hotmail account and I wondered if were possible to setup a redirect or get the old ic24 address permanently redirected (presumably deleting the current inbox and setting it up as a redirected address)

Any advice welcome

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Help with old ic24.net email

Thanks for your post @BrizzleRocker 

I’m afraid it’s not possible to setup a redirect on IC24 email addresses due to the way our system works for Madasafish accounts.

However he can set it up on a mail client using the Plusnet IMAP or POP3 servers. If Outlook 365 doesn’t let you do this, have you tried a different client like Thunderbird?

The details you’ll need can be found here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Let us know how it goes. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button