cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenetname email problem

MSD

Freenetname email problem

I have been using @freenetname for many years but over the last few months it has been giving me error messages see below.

I am unable to download new emails on my desktop PC. Its random because sometime it works and sometimes it gives error message and recently it has been getting worse.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how I can resolve it. I am not tech wise so please provide solutions in plain English with easy instructions.

Error message:

Task 'xxx@freenetname.co.uk: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account xxx@freenetname.co.uk. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Freenetname email problem

Hi there MSD, I'm sorry that you're having some intermittent problems downloading your emails. This problem and specifically the error code you mentioned can happen for a few reasons, most commonly it can be if there's a problem with your internet connection so it might be worth checking that with your provider, especially if you notice issues with other things like browsing websites or streaming video (feel free to send me your username on a private message if we provide the service). 

Otherwise it can sometimes be a problem with firewall or antivirus software so it migh be worth checking those and maybe temporarily disabling them the next time it's an issue. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team