cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foewarding PlusNet mail

kelvin
Grafter

Foewarding PlusNet mail

I want to forward mail from my two PlusNet mail accounts and after reading all of the instructions it seemed as though this would be done using redirect. This asks for the redirect name which appears to be the email account details. However it does say that * The redirect can't be the same as a mailbox you currently have on your account which seems a little perverse when it is mail from my two accounts that I want to forward. I did try but got an error message.
Has anybody managed to forward mail from their PlusNet accounts to another account? Am I doing something silly?
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Foewarding PlusNet mail

no, you're not doing anything silly Smiley you can either have a mailbox or a forward for an email address but not both.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kelvin
Grafter

Thanks for the quick response.
I am still struggling to understand how to forward PlusNet mail to another account. What do I put in the box where it asks for Re-direct name (followed by my domain name)?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Let's assume you want mail sent to mymail@myaccount.plus.com to be redirected to an external address meelsewhere@mydomain.co.uk.
An oft encountered problem users have with this is they already have a mailbox called mymail set up on their account. If that is the case that mailbox has to be deleted before a redirect on mymail can be defined. Note that if the mailbox is not empty, any messages to be kept need to be moved to a different mailbox (eg using Webmail or an email client using IMAP) before the mailbox is deleted.
If no such mailbox exists in Manage My Mail go to the Redirect tab and select Add New Redirect.
In the Re-direct name box type mymail;
In the Destination address box type meelsewhere@mydomain.co.uk;
Click the Add button and allow 30 mins for the redirect to be set up. An email will be sent to your communication address to confirm the request.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Also, if you want to collect email for multiple email addresses in to a single Plusnet mailbox you need to add aliases not redirects. Again you must delete the mailbox of the same name before you can create the redirect.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kelvin
Grafter

Thanks for the detailed instructions spraxyt. I should be able to get it done now.
I was expecting it to be as simple as for the accounts I had with o2 where I just had to mark the emails for forwarding and put in the email address for them to be sent to.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you mean you just want to forward a selection of emails (which is what you seem to be describing with O2) rather than redirect all of those to a particular address the process is no different with Plusnet. You would use the mailbox lists in Webmail or your email client to forward them, not change settings in Manage My Mail to redirect all messages.
David
kelvin
Grafter

Having re-read my posting I can see how you think that.  I do want all mails sent to the plusNet account to be forwarded to another account. and I have managed to do that with the instructions you posted.
Thanks