cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 webmail

GavinW
Hooked

F9 webmail

My wife got herself an f9 account nearly 20 years ago. She has used it only for email. Now she would like to switch to using webmail. She has forgotten the password used for setting up her account, and has always had other people set up her laptop. I tried to login on her behalf - I know her account name - at the plusnet member centre, using the Force9 tag, but when I enter her email address I get a response that it is not recognized. I had presumed that since Plusnet owns Force9, which once was f9 (or have I got that wrong?) that her email address would be recognized. She is still receiving and sending email every day. Can anybody help out? She does not want to change her email address after all this time, for obvious reasons. 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: F9 webmail

When filling the account details, did you select FORCE9 in the SERVER drop-down options?

Reset email password

Plusnet / Force9 / FreeOnline users can only change the password on the DEFAULT email address by changing the password on the user ACCOUNT through the user portal. You can change the password on a secondary mailbox using the Manage My Mail options in the user portal.

Brightview users (Madasafish / FreeNetName / GlobalNet / IC24 / ICScotland / Dialstart / Totalise) logging into webmail should use their full email address. Use the MAAF user portal to update the password on the default email address (change the account password) and use this MAAF guide to change the password on a secondary mailbox address. If you cannot recall the account password, you will need to contact support ... because the account password change process sends an email to the mailbox you cannot now access.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GavinW
Hooked

Re: F9 webmail

@Townman wrote:

When filling the account details, did you select FORCE9 in the SERVER drop-down options?

Yes I did. My wife's email address is ***@****.f9.co.uk but this was not recognized.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed