Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when sending from PlusNet

FIXED
KnitGal61
Hooked

Re: Error message when sending from PlusNet

Hi Baldrick,

I don't think I've hidden anything from you!😊  And I don't pretend to understand any techie-related subject these days.

I seem to remember the set up pages had slightly more to them than what appears when I look up Settings now - but where to find them, I don't know.  So long as things work, I'm a great believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".    Since things seem to be back to normal, I won't push my luck.  At one stage I considered deleting the account and starting again - but thankfully I decided to try this forum instead!

Kind regards,

Rose

Baldrick1
Fixes: 427

@KnitGal61 

Glad it’s fixed. I agree with your  ‘if it ain’t broke…’ philosophy.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@jab1 wrote:

OK, Rose - think I  may have spotted some possible issues there. (1) The server 'boxes' shouldn't have the port numbers in them - only the text..

John,

That very much depends on how the email application implements its interface...

• imap.plus.net:993
  • mail.plus.net:995
  • relay.plus.net:587

... are all legitimate IF the email client in question accepts URLs in that format.

What we have here though is the Win10/11 excuse for a free email client, making life so much more difficult in the belief that this makes it simpler for those who do not understand the technology.

Given some simple guidance, manual configuration is invariably far less complicated than fixing failed automation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

Fair enough, @Townman  - it just looked strange to me, but as you say it is the M$ excuse for an email client. I live and learn.😉

John