cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to @gmail.com addresses being returned

Davidbristol
Hooked

Emails to @gmail.com addresses being returned

Since a few days ago, my emails to @gmail.com addresses from my Plusnet address have failed, with the message 'The remote server responded with .....@:gmail.com ??:??'.  

29 REPLIES 29
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Emails to @gmail.com addresses being returned

@Davidbristol This is a common problem and has been discussed previously. Have you tried using '@googlemail.com insread of '@gmail'?

John
Davidbristol
Hooked

'@googlemail.com' doesn't work either.  I've only had the problem in recent days.  Could an update to the Plusnet server have had a glitch in it?

jab1
Legend

That has occasionally worked for others, sorry it hasn't for you. From previous reports, this has nothing to do with 'updates to Plusnets servers', more Googles playing up.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Moderators NoteThis topic has been moved from Broadband to Email

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

waldron40
Dabbler

Similar problem here. Sometimes get failure message, other times it doesn't arrive and I don't get a failure notice either.

As an aside, I also had similar problems sending to another Plusnet email address

jab1
Legend

@waldron40 Same answer to you - Google have a habit of delaying/refusing to send to other mail servers, especially if you are using the 'free' gmail account.

John
waldron40
Dabbler

I meant I have had similar problems sending Plusnet to Plusnet, as well as Plusnet to Gmail

jab1
Legend

OK, @waldron40 , That is unrelated, but a bit concerning. Have you reported the issue?

John
waldron40
Dabbler

Yes, I did report it, but was told that Plusnet don't investigate email problems if customers are using email cliients.

To be honest, having been a Plusnet customer for over 17 years, I don't feel that the level of support is anywhere near as good as it used to be, On the rare occasion that I ask for help, I rarely get it..

As they seem to have given up on full fibre, I am considering a move away to another supplier.

jab1
Legend

That 'don't investigate' comment was wrong whether you use email clients or webmail - it should still be investigated. I agree support is lacking, but that was plain wrong.

If you want FTTP, PN do now supply it, but if you go with them, be aware you will lose your land line number.

John
greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Then there's the occurences of NDR mail between plusnet mail addresses (reported on this forum a couple of days ago, with the unaccepted offer of providing the full mail and NDR via PM).

(FYI - OR have been out and declared NFF on my line. It was a bogoff visit, two for the price of one, double bubble, etc.

I'd assume that the existence of a bridge tap would have been detected during such a visit (EU premise visit and the street furniture, etc.). I'm awaiting the BT database to reflect this. Bridge Tap status is still declared as 'U' (unknown). When that gets cleared then the probability of being classed as an 'impacted line' (with reduced b/w) should disappear?)

jab1
Legend

@greygit It would be very helpful to a number of others if you didn't spray your half-intelligible comment everywhere.

John
greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can I delete them?

jab1
Legend

No need - just stop posting such material.

John