Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent to gmail account undeliverable

fleckney
Dabbler

Re: Emails sent to gmail account undeliverable

Hi
Could you please give us an update on whether this is a problem with the plusnet servers and if it is. Why is it taking so long to implement a solution?

Thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I'm afraid I haven't got a further update to the one I've provided above (message #150).

Really sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as I know more, I'll be sure to let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Spruce01

Could you check if you're able to send an email to a Gmail address from your mailbox@username.globalnet.co.uk? 

I've had confirmation that some work has been completed. Not entirely sure if this is fixed for just you or everyone though. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Spruce01
Grafter

Yes indeed I can! I haven't been trying to do this for some time now so I can't tell you if it has just resolved but I suspect that will be the case.

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Huzzah! I suspect it hasn't been resolved for long as I'd just received confirmation from NetOps. 

Is anyone else able to give it a go for me? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris31
Dabbler

I sent a message a good 15 mins ago to a gmail account and so far had no bounce back. I'll update this when I get a reply to my test email. Fingers crossed!

fleckney
Dabbler

Hi all
I have tonight tried to send an email from my friends Plusnet account using Thunderbird to my gmail address. The email was rejected.
However on 4 September at 13:49 my friend sent me an email from his Plusnet account using the same Thunderbird program and setup and I received it. He sent it to me via the Plusnet account in error but it did get through to me.

Steve
Chris31
Dabbler

Thank you!. The emails are getting through and fingers crossed this continues. Thank you to you for pursuing this as I am aware that I must be in a minority. Also, please pass on my thanks to the Plusnet technical team for being willing to spend the time sorting this out.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Chris31, thanks for checking! That's excellent news and cheers for the feedback. Happy to help in any way we can. 

@fleckney, the change we've done was to add what's known as a DKIM record to the username.globalnet.co.uk domain. Could you private message me your friend's Plusnet email address and the bounceback he receives? I'll then raise this to NetOps as a separate task to investigate further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JasaMan

Hi, I am still experiencing this error when trying to send emails to people with @gmail.com addresses.

The non delivery reports have the same detail "no DKIM" record.

I have a @plus.net email address.

Is there an ETA on a fix?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@JasaMan, do you mean your username.plus.com email address? We use the plus.net as an internal domain. 

If so then it should have a SPF record instead of DKIM. Can you private message me a full copy of the headers of the sent rejected email along with the full bounceback you receive? Would need to be within the last 24 hours so we have time to investigate as our logs rotate every 7 days. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IanL2

Hi there,  

I am new to the topic (and to the community) so I hope I'm doing this right. 

I seem to have the same problem and wonder if I need an SPF record as well.

I have my own domain name l****t.uk.net which is hosted by Plusnet. 

Most outgoing emails are OK but xxxxxx@gmail.com is getting bounced.

Email accounts are set up with xxxx@l*****t.uk.net as the sending address with the mails being sent from the plusnet server.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks, Ian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

@IanL2  if your domain is hosted by Plusnet , then there is a workaround method  to generate an SPF record described in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-set-spf-DNS-record/m-p/1690951

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Ian, what bounceback do you receive?

Also welcome to our Community forums Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
IanL2

Hiya Anoush,

The message is

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

*  xxxxxxx.yyyyyy@gmail.com

Reason: A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server ?? responded with: ** xxxxxxx.yyyyyyy@gmail.com
??:?? This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server .

Hope that helps, Ian