cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails with attachments

lolly9416
Dabbler

Not receiving emails with attachments

I've noticed since September I'm not receiving automated invoice emails with attachments.  It's really strange it only seems to be affecting these specific emails from my suppliers.

My emails get forwarded from plusnet, an old madasafish account, to outlook.

I'm not sure if it gets through to plusnet as I don't often check plusnet directly. I've looked in the trash and junk etc on plusnet and it's not there in the account. 

I;m not sure what is happening to these emails

8 REPLIES 8
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Not receiving emails with attachments

Hey @lolly9416,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. Do you know if the senders receiving any sort of bounceback message when attempting to send the emails?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
lolly9416
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ thanks for the response. They are not getting any bounce back.  I have today phoned up Plusnet support but they just keep insisting I've put a spam filter on these emails.  I'm the only person with access to the account and I've not touched a spam filter.

They've sent me a ticket asking to give them all the email addresses that's not coming through but that in itself will be difficult as I delete these emails once I've printed the invoice so don;t have any to hand.

I find the whole situation really strange. It's literally just automated invoice emails with attachments. If a person sends me an email from their account it comes through.

Once I respond to the ticket do you think IT will deal with it or the people in the call centre?

lolly9416
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ   this is what our webmail looks like. I can't even find a spam filter

Plusnet.jpgPlusnet1.jpg

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us @lolly9416 Smiley

It would be the support team in the call centre that respond, but they'd be liaising with Net Ops Team, who would review the information. If this problem keeps happening, I'd definitely recommend collating the info for evidence, as well as to see if there's any pattern to it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@lolly9416 

Spam filters on email are configured in the user portal, not via the webmail client.

You suggested that mail is being RECEIVED by the Plusnet mailbox and FORWARDED to your Outlook.com mailbox - have I understood that correctly?

Can you please explain how that is being facilitated?

1. In the case of PLUSNET branded email it is not possible to receive emails into a mailbox which this accessible via webmail AND
  2. ALSO, forward emails to elsewhere

You can do one or the other within the Plusnet service capability, but not both.  Thus, I doubt that it is possible with one of the legacy brands (which you are using) either.  @bobpullen might have a view on the matter.

Is it possible that you have a third-party email service which is IMPORTING emails sent to the Plusnet mailbox using a POP3 client (which for example is exactly what Gmail does) and thereby is removing the emails from the PlusNet service ... and they are being lost elsewhere?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lolly9416
Dabbler

@Townman nope. We only have plusnet via madasafish. The emails get forwarded to our outlook. It's not outlook because I've checked the plusnet email and they aren't reaching plusnet.

Plusnet inhereited our accounts so as I undestood it's slightly different to proper plusnet email service.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Townman wrote:

Can you please explain how that is being facilitated?

1. In the case of PLUSNET branded email it is not possible to receive emails into a mailbox which this accessible via webmail AND
  2. ALSO, forward emails to elsewhere

You can do one or the other within the Plusnet service capability, but not both.  Thus, I doubt that it is possible with one of the legacy brands (which you are using) either.  @bobpullen might have a view on the matter.

Mailboxes and redirects can co-exist for certain types of Madasafish email accounts, however I'm not convinced that's a factor here.

@lolly9416 seems to be saying that they're receiving all of their email as normal, with the exception of these invoices?

A few questions that may help calrify the situation...

1. What email address are the affected messages being sent to? Don't post the full address in public but are we talking about an @madasafish.com address?

2. Do you know what email address the messages are being sent from?

3. When you log into Webmail, are all historic messages visible or do they disappear once downloaded to Outlook?

@lolly9416 - If you can drop me a PM containing the full from/to address of the affected messages along with the full headers of any email you have recently received, then I may be able to figure out what's going on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lolly9416
Dabbler

@bobpullen yes bob you are correct. 

1.  we have an @freenetname.co.uk account which was a Madasafish account.

2.  the emails affected are from most (if not all) of our suppliers and a couple of customers. Imo it seems to be automated emails that their company systems would send out ie invoices or other automated emails.  I know a couple of these emails off hand and most of them start accounts@.....

3.  messages disappear once downloaded (POP3)

Thanks for helping and I will definitely send you a PM but when you say a recent email do you mean the sort of email that hasn't been coming through?