cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails going to junk folders.

RossBaker
Dabbler

Emails going to junk folders.

I am having increasing message from customers saying that my emails are going to their junk folders.

I use Outlook.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Emails going to junk folders.

In Outlook, as with most other e mail apps, right click on message in junk folder, and click as indicated.

Fault is with recipient, not you or PN!

junk.JPG

kdiment
Rising Star

Yes, I have too. My emails to recipients on Outlook and gmail started being directed to their spam folders. All other recipients continued to receive my emails without difficulty. I know they can whitelist emails from me, but why should they have to? I am slowly finding ways around the problem, but have not yet found a really satisfactory solution.

Has anyone else found a good solution?

- Keith

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

It all very much depends on why they are going to junk mail.

They need to raise the issue with their mail provider to determine what THEIR mail provider does not like about your email.  It could be a multitude of things ... understanding the problem is the first stage to finding a solution.  The mail going to the junk folder is not the problem, it is a symptom of a different problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kdiment
Rising Star

Their email provider will generally not say exactly what their system is objecting to. That is just the kind of information that spammers would love to know.

By a process of elimination I found that using a different "From:" address was enough to satisfy Outlook, but gmail additionally needed me to stop setting "Reply-to:" to an address different from "From:", which I had been happily using for years without any problems.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

That is very interesting. Having a different reply to address has very legitimate purposes but having highlighted it I can see how it might be considered a significant vector for spam / fraud. Thank you for sharing your research I am sure others will find it helpful. I will certainly add it to my check list.

As for it used to work, does not now, anti spam measures are “improving” all of the time!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.