cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails dissappearing

Mikelleach
Dabbler

Re: Emails dissappearing

I have received the attached email from plusnet stating my account was nearing its limit of storage.  I now am certain that plusnet have deleted or archived files that were from before a certain date.  

SpinDryer
Grafter

@Mikelleach wrote:

I have received the attached email from plusnet stating my account was nearing its limit of storage.  I now am certain that plusnet have deleted or archived files that were from before a certain date.  

Looking at the info, it's only a warning message - still giving over 200MB of storage available.

However, it does depend on what you tend to receive/send - though the info doesn't give specific details like what you may have sent, or indeed if there is anything in a trash folder etc.

So you may be right about Plusnet archiving or deleting.

If I may be as bold to say if you're using it for work purposes, you need to have a different form of backup regime (e.g. download emails using pop3 but keep messages on server) - or better still not use a residential grade service for a business.

Mikelleach
Dabbler

That's fine but how do I get my emails back
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Mikelleach,

I've had a look into this and, though you received the email to warn that you were getting close to the limit, your emails and mailboxes have never exceeded the 1GB capacity. Our network administration team have confirmed that none of your emails have been archived.

It appears that the emails have been deleted via the mail client that you use on your devices. We are not able to restore the emails from this side in that case, I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team