Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email display.

FIXED
colintivy
Rising Star

Email display.

Win 7 Pro/ Firefox,  display of Webmail has recently changed. The folders on the LHS usually had the full list of my folders on the LHS. Now all that are displayed are:- Inbox, Drafts, Sent,and Deleted items. If I select Folders they are are all there! There does not to be any means of return to normal. Any clues?

Colin

16 REPLIES 16
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Email display.

Hiya @colintivy - the only changes we've made to this platform were two weeks ago in the background & nothing cosmetic. This seems pretty strange - have you tried it on a different browser as it may be related to that? Let me know & I'll pass it on to the Products Team if not.

Liam

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In the folders display have the "subscription" check boxes to the right of the additional folder names become unchecked?

With Firefox 57.0.1, but on Windows 10 the full folder list shows in Webmail for me.

David
colintivy
Rising Star

@PlusnetLiam. @spraxyt

Hi folks!

I now see that Squirrel has gon barmy today. A total revision of the display, some of which  is conprehensable but a simple pressing Read with an email selected just does not work but delete does. The Help function does have a paragraph on "Reading" but it just not tell you how to! A lot of guph on colour coding but no colours seem to be on display.

It all looks like a partly checked before display to me!!

Any one looked at it today?

Colin

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you mentioned Webmail in your opening post did that relate to "Sqirrelmail" or "Advanced"? I assumed the latter for my previous response.

It's ages since my previous login to Squirrelmail and I've forgotten how things looked. Today everything appears in various shades of grey apart from the Plusnet logo top left.

@colintivy wrote:

I now see that Squirrel has gone barmy today. A total revision of the display, some of which  is comprehensible but a simple pressing Read with an email selected just does not work but delete does.

Is that the Read button which sits with Unread and Delete top right? Those are transform buttons which change the status of messages, ie "Read" should be pronounced "Red".

Displaying messages works for me if I click the message title.

David
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Just checked squirrel mail, nothing different in the look for me, same look as always.
To read an email you click the email subject, pointer should change when hovering over it.
That's RPM to you!!
colintivy
Rising Star

@RPMozley & 0thers.

Going back to my first Post, things have not changed here. Since posting first there have been a couple of occasions when entirely "foreign" displays turned up looking like new displays which could be explained by insertions from  tech chaps testing their efforts in the real world. The absence of the usual display of my folders folders in the left-hand box is a nuisance because I cannot move emails into thier categories for action or saving.

Got to go now...lunch!

Colin

RPMozley
Pro

There are times where a frame doesn't load correctly, making it look much like what you just described with folders not showing on the left frame. Only way to clear it is to log out and back in again.
That's RPM to you!!
colintivy
Rising Star

@RPMozley

I have been diverted from this subject because an update of Firefox went astray and did not run. This has been rectified by clearing out the browser and reinstalling the latest version (57.0.2 x64 en.US) which is fine. However I note that the display I have of the email page is still exactly as it was before! Others seem  not to have my problem!

Any thoughts coming up from you!

Colin.

RPMozley
Pro

Well, to better diagnose the issue if you could share a screen shot of what you're seeing, may help find the cause. Obscure anything you wish to not be disclosed to the 'public'.
That's RPM to you!!
colintivy
Rising Star

@RPMozley

That sounds to be a good idea but I have never inserted a screen shot to forum posts before.   

I can snip things easily enough but how do I get it into a post?

Colin.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

I'm not @RPMozley, but the answer is: Take your snip, save it as something you will recognise in the 'My pictures' folder, write your post, click on the 'Insert photos link (9th from left) and then search for your saved snip and click on it.

John
colintivy
Rising Star

@jab1

Thanks! That was quick!! I should have looked on the row of options before asking a silly question!

I will comply when I have 5 mins to sit down again!

Happy Xmas & a splendid 2018!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

No problem, Colin. Always happy to help.Smiley

Happy 'C' word and a New Year to you, too.

John
colintivy
Rising Star

@RPMozley

I have fiddled with the original display as on the Snip but it seems that the "Manage Folders" function does not have the option of putting the list of Folders permanently filling the Lefthand panel where it always used to be.with  the Inbox filling the main part of the display. This is evident on my laptop as well as the main machine so the change is external it seems. I have not tried another browser yet and I will try one of them that some of you are usingto see if that is the problem.

A Happy bug-free 2018.

Colin.