cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Sub account not receiving any mail.

Tunatin1970

Email Sub account not receiving any mail.

I am a complete tech-illiterate 53 year old. My son has a subsidiary account on the same email account (with his own name) and it has stopped receiving mail since the 4th September. His folders are clean. We are not over capacity on storage. I am still receiving emails. Nothing has changed in our setups. I log in to the Webmail page through Plusnet periodically to check storage and make sure both my boys are keeping their accounts tidy and deleting unwanted mail.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Please Help

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Email Sub account not receiving any mail.

Hi @Tunatin1970 

To be clear, you are discussing a @youraccount.plus.com email service, not one of the other legacy brands?

All of the legacy brands have a firm storage allowance SHRED across all email addresses - IIRC they all have a combined limit of 250mB.

To clarify if using native Plusnet email, the FUP is 1gB across all mailboxes; exceeding that will not stop emails being received or sent however the default mailbox will receive FUP utilisation warnings, which if ignored will result in the mailboxes' contents being archived.

So you have...

• you@youraccount.plus.com - logon details youraccount & the Plusnet account password
  • son1@youraccount.plus.com - logon details youraccount+son1 & son1's password
  • son2@youraccount.plus.com - logon details youraccount+son2 & son2's password
  • password for you is managed via account settings and those for son1 & son2 are managed via the account manage email options

When you say that "I log in to the Webmail page through Plusnet periodically to check storage" do you mean that you log into each of THEIR email accounts using webmail?  If yes, do you see new emails for son1 via webmail?

What happens if you send emails to son1@youraccount.plus.com - do you get a non-delivery report?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tunatin1970

Hi @Townman 

Thanks for such a quick reply. So by legacy brands I think maybe that’s the problem. Originally the accounts were Madasafish and taken over by Plusnet. Does that make sense? So we only have 250mb between our accounts? Number 2 son has just informed me his account stopped receiving mail in August. However I am still receiving mail today and checked I am only using 139mb off storage. No warnings have been received to say mailbox if full etc. Yes I check into their email accounts (including today) through the Plusnet Webmail browser and again nothing since those dates. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

OK the legacy brands have lower limits than @*.plus.com

I’ve not been a legacy brand user so I cannot affirm that the well reported 250mB limit is against the account rather than the mailbox. If you are receiving email but your son is not, then it would be worth checking his utilisation.

Recently there has been reports of legacy mailboxes stopping to receive emails, requiring support and intervention to reset their mailboxes.

@Gandalf

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

The 250MB quota for the Madasafish type of mail accounts is per mailbox.

It's worth checking specifically if the affected mailbox has exceeded this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet