cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED
Val58

I  have received an e-mail which contains information/questions contained within boxes.  I have to reply to the e-mail and complete the boxes with the required information but when I hit reply, the e-mail is no longer is its original form - the boxes have completely disappeared and the original information/questions are no longer formatted.  I need to provide the required information so how do I retain the e-mail in its original form when I hit reply? 

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: E-mail

@Val58 Posting twice with the same question (on two different topics) will not get you an any faster answer.

To try and help, we need a little more detail, anyway. Without giving any confidential detail, can you say who the original message is from, how it is formatted, and what email program you are using?

John
Val58

Sorry - I'm new to this forum.  I created 2 posts in error as I was told my first one hadn't gone through.  The original e-mail is from an insurance company requesting information relating to a claim and it is HTML formatted.  I am using Webmail

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

@Val58  you probably need to enable HTML composing in webmail ( it uses Roundcube )

Enabling HTML Composing in Roundcube
The default view for composing messages in Roundcube is just plain text. You need to enable the HTML composing if you wish to format your emails with HTML (ie changing fonts, underlines, bolding text). Log into your webmail and go into Roundcube follow these steps:
  1. Settings (top right)
  2. Preferences tab
  3. Composing messages
  4. Compose HTML messages and set to "Always"
  5. Save

Go back and compose a message and you will have some familiar HTML formatting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Thanks @MisterW . I was just composing a message apologising for my lack of webmail experience, and was going to tag you  and Townman as a couple of people with more knowledge.

John
Val58

Many thanks. Everything is now OK and I am able to respond to the e-mail with the required information.  

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I was just composing a message apologising for my lack of webmail experience

@jab1  TBH I dont use webmail much either but I do know its based on Roundcube. A quick google for Roundcube and html did the rest😀

@Val58 happy that fixed it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.