cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Download Plusnet Emails from Webmail?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can You Download Plusnet Emails from Webmail?

All the better hosting providers use sub domains as that is (effectively) the user’s personal address space and facilities the freedom to have whatever email addresses a user chooses.

Those not providing sub domains as single individual email addresses. For a single individual using a single address for everything the Plusnet approach might seem unnecessary, but for families or where one wants to use different email addresses to isolate senders, the Plusnet approach is a godsend.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

No argument with any of that. My concern is the clients propensity to make (sometimes incorrect) assumptions when trying to be 'helpful'.

John
LizMac42
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks again jab1 - I found the 'tick all 'icon and checking spam and sent helpful so I am steadily working my way through those emails between new hard drive and setting up Outlook.  Regarding the Thunderbird - Plusnet gave me all sorts of numbers and words to try and none of them worked - one even got the manager to try.  They don't seem to know a lot about email setups!  Because my previous hard drive (in an eighteen month Acer!!) failed suddenly - I lost all my recent stuff which hadn't been backed up.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

OK Liiz - just don't forget to empty the 'Deleted' folder, otherwise your utilisation percentage won't change - until you do that, the mail is still on the server.

As regards setting up TB - if you ever want to try again - let us know, and someone will guide you. I set mine up many years ago when they weren't so 'helpful', so you had to enter all the details manually - these days they 'guess' a lot of the settings, and quite often get them wrong.

John
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Direct download of Plusnet emails to a PCs hard disk was discussed on a thread a few weeks ago:

Saving Emails

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Saving-Emails/td-p/1913146

The downloaded files are in a suitable format for use by an email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird.