cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

kellygarf
Hooked

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Many thanks for previously restoring my emails but they've all disappeared again. Can you arrange for them to be restored again?

Many thanks

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @kellygarf 

I have now requested this for you and sent you an email as confirmation. 

Thanks 

Joe1929
Hooked

Hi,

I no longer have any emails in my inbox, and haven't for over 24 hours. I don't remember receiving any messages suggesting they would be archived or that I'd reached 75% storage, but if they have been archived can I please have them restored and I'm also worried about the emails I might have missed in the last few days as I'm expecting things like insurance renewal documents so can I get these restored as well?

Thanks,

Joe

Rincewind_
Dabbler

Hi @Joe1929 ,

I have raised a task to the relevant team to check for an archive for you. Can you confirm how you usually check your mail box, is it via a Client (Outlook, MacMail etc.) or Webmail? 

Feel free to send me a PM if you wish to discuss the matter privately. 

Thanks

lesflics

Please unarchive my mailbox.   Thanks.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@lesflics There are no notes on the account to suggest it has been archived.

Was it due to inactivity? If so can you please give us a date of when it was received.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
alsace88

My email has been archived as I did not access it for over 90 days. Please can you restore it. There is only 1 mailbox on my account, the email address begins with "h"

Thanks 

tomrup

Please can you unarchive my main mailbox - it was archived last night. I will thin it out and store locally.

Thank you.

Unarchiving clearly wastes a lot of time for your support staff as well as users. Why don't you publish a guide on how to move email hosting to another provider with modern mailbox capacities?  The process is not trivial for people who don't understand DNS etc.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is it really the remit of an ISP to instruct users on how to manage their email contents?

Reference to DNS - do you have a domain name you own (as opposed to @youraccount.plus.com)?  It would be rare for users to have their own domain name but not understand domain name management.

The process is fairly simple...

1. Find a hosting provider for your email service (they will charge for this) - such as LCN.com
  2. Request they transfer in your domain name (different providers do this differently so is out with any guidance appropriate for Plusnet to provide)
  3. If Plusnet are the registrar for your domain name, raise a ticket to request a tag change to that of your new registrar
  4. When the transfer is complete change the name server for the domain - again the how is not for Plusnet to advise, each provider has their own methods
  5. Configure your email client to connect to your new hosting provider

You will then be able to see both your old and new mailboxes, transfer content as you please by drag and drop.

"another provider with modern mailbox capacities"

You'll find what you call "modern capacities" comes with "modern pricing" from providers offering the same level of email facility as Plusnet.  None of the free providers offers the same email functionality as Plusnet or other paid for providers.  You do not get distinct email addresses on your domain with Google, Outlook or Yahoo, you will need to pay money for multiple email addresses and aliases on your domain.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Joe1929
Hooked

Hi,

Thank you for passing the request on.

I access my emails directly through Webmail. It's not set up with any other client.

I did receive the email about registering on this forum to post this, but that has been the only email I've had in over a week, and it's the only one in the whole inbox.

Thanks,

Joe

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@alsace88 and @tomrup I've raised tasks to unarchive your mail which should be done within 24 hours

@Joe1929 From what I can see we haven't archived your mail as you haven't been over the usage limit and based on what you've said you've accessed your mailbox in the last 90 days.

I'm seeing if we have a snapshot (backup) from before you've reported your mail disappeared.

If we do we should be able to restore your mailbox to that point. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Joe1929 We've restored all we have in a snapshot (we don't keep these for very long so there may not be everything you're looking for but we've dropped 18 emails to your mailbox)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Joe1929
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf

I now can't see any emails at all, including the one I previously had about registering for this forum.

If my emails aren't archived then do you know what else the problem might be and how to fix it?

My grandaughter tried emailing me and it was returned with the message "550 Invalid Recipient [Removed] so I'm very worried about where my emails are.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Joe

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe, 

I've dropped you a PM about this

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MWTCHERRY

Would you please unarchive my emails?  Thank you.