cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

If your Plusnet mailbox has been archived, you can post here to request it to be unarchived.

Why might be mailbox be archived?

A mailbox can be archived for two reasons:

• The mailbox size has reached the maximum capacity of 1GB
  • The mailbox has not been accessed for 90 days or more

How will I know if this has happened?

If your mailbox size is at 75%, you will receive a notification email to inform you of this. If the mailbox hits 100% (1GB), then you will have 4 weeks to reduce the mailbox size (deleting emails or downloading them will reduce the size) before it archives. If it does archive, you will receive a final email confirming this.

There are guides on email on our website here which tell you how you can set up a POP3 protocol to download your emails to your computer or device.

If you have not accessed your mailbox for 90 days, you will receive an email notification. If you are still wanting to use your mailbox, you need only log in to the mailbox or use an email client to sync up to your mailbox to keep it active.

What happens if I wish to unarchive my emails?

Rather than having to call us, you can request to unarchive your emails on this thread. Please pop a post below and confirm the mailbox you wish to be unarchived. If your username is on your forum account, our team will be able to locate your account using this. If not, they will drop you a private message (PM).

If you have more than one mailbox, please specify which mailbox you wish unarchiving but please do not reveal the full mailbox name. You can use something like "mailbox beginning with G" or something similar. If we're not sure on which mailbox to perform the action on, our team will drop you a private message (PM).

Please note the team picking up on this thread can only help with mailbox unarchive requests.

Things to check before posting

Ensure that you have not used POP3 - remember that using POP3 on an email client will download all emails to that computer and delete them from the server. If this has happened, we cannot restore the emails.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
336 REPLIES 336
arkay
Dabbler

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here! (Part 2)

What is going on?

I've only just had my mailbox restored (though a lot more was restored than I expected) and everything's disappeared again!  (with no message)

Please will you restore it and leave it for long enough for me to manage it.

Regards,

Richard.

arkay
Dabbler

Ok, something seems to be coming back....

R.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

IMAP email clients might take along time to resync large mailboxes.  That process entails the client dropping all it holds locally and then rebuilding the entire mailbox.  Such can take time and if it coughs it might need to do a restart.  I have noticed that my iPhone is (was) quite prone to that activity ... even without an archive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hi,

Please unarchive my mailboxes, one beginning with the letter R, the other 'Remaining mail' (whatever that means).  I advised on a post in an 'Archive email' thread in this forum last week that I was in France until the end of June and couldn't easily access webmail, and someone responded that they would ask for the archiving to be delayed until closer to the 10th July, but the message obviously didn't get through and I can't now find that thread.  I'm now back home so I should be able to delete my emails if you reinstate them.

Many thanks,

Dave

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hi, I've raise you ticket here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=235016060  if you can let me know when you have replied. Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Weystoner1
Grafter

Hi James, sorry for the late reply.  Unfortunately the link doesn't work - message appears as below.  What do i do now?

Dave

Help Assistant

We're sorry, but you can no longer ask a question through the Help Assistant.

We've made it quicker and easier to get the answers online for all the topics listed below.

General questions

• I need a VAT invoice

As of 1st September 2018 we no longer offer VAT invoices for residential customers, as our services are only for personal use in the UK.

However, if you'd like VAT invoices please sign up a business account where these are available as standard.

• I've been charged for an engineer visit

Installation is free if you take (or already have) a Plusnet Phone package. Otherwise, set up costs £50 for new customers or £25 if you're upgrading from standard Plusnet broadband. If you have a fault and we send an engineer, you may have to pay £65 if the problem is within the boundaries of your home.

• Reporting abuse or nuisance phone calls
  • Newsgroup or Usenet

Domain & Hosting questions

Online help and support

You'll also find lots of hints, tips and guides in our Help and Support section, and our online search can help you find what you need without having to give us a call.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You need to be logged into the portal in another tab before clicking the link.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

From what I can tell the ticket ID didn’t append to the end of the website link as our internal system link is behind it 

See if this works: 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=235016060

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Odd!!

In the original post, the front part of the (apparently single link) does not have the ticket number in the URL ... where as the number part has the whole of the displayed text as the URL link!

Rich43

Archived Mailboxes

Hi several of my mailboxes on this account have been archived, could someone please unarchive them for me please

Weystoner1
Grafter

Many thanks everyone, my wife's emails are now unarchived thanks to a very pleasant chap I spoke to at Plusnet..  Now for the overnight slog of deletion - webmail times out during the day.

Couple of oddities have cropped up:

1.  There is a second deleted items folder that shows as empty but in fact has over 4,000 emails in it.  I can't empty it - that command is greyed out.  I have no idea how they got there, but if I deleted them once (and I'm religious about emptying the deleted folder) how did they come back, and can the folder be emptied in some other way?  Apologies, I flagged this up on his forum some time ago, but somehow never managed to fully follow up on the suggestions - life, eh?

2. All my wife's reinstated emails are showing as 'system administrator, message unavailable' on her iPad.  Anyone any idea how to retrieve them? I appreciate it's unlikely to be a Plusnet issue, but there are some very clever techies on this forum...

Thanks a million for your help.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: Archived Mailboxes

Hey there @Rich43 just to check, was this due to inactivity or mailbox capacity being reached?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
btn
Dabbler

Hello - please could my mailbox be unarchived - I have spent a lot of time deleting emails but obviously not enough:( will have another go when they are restored.

thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that @btn 

I've raised the request to have your e-mails unarchived and we'll get that done for you as soon as possible

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team