cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Having Issues With POP3 via mail.plus.net ?

mikeb
Rising Star

Anyone Having Issues With POP3 via mail.plus.net ?

Following a forced reboot at somewhere around 0230 hours, it would appear that I can no longer access mail.plus.net at all and haven't been able to for around a couple of hours. Several different A/Cs same result. All attempts are now either ignored or refused i.e. just a timeout or result in a "connection closed unexpectedly by server" error message. No ultimate change in gateway apparently occurred it was simply a rather suspicious looking maintenance period reboot/reconnection together with the inevitable drop in synch speeds that almost always accompanies such unexpected events.

Access to mail.force9.net (and servers elsewhere) appears to be working just fine ... famous last words and all that Tongue

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Corfield
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Anyone Having Issues With POP3 via mail.plus.net ?

I've just turned my computer on and I'm unable to get my Plusnet emails. Emails on other accounts are coming in fine. I'm getting a login to server failed error.

Paul.

merryfield

Me too.

Logged on as normal but can't get my mail.

But the service status says "No problems"

Thankfully the internet is connected.

Small mercies!

RichT
Grafter

Same here.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Yes, looks like the mail servers are having problems

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

They seem to be back now...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikeb
Rising Star

Thanks for the responses confirming it wasn't just me. Access to mail.force9.net was apparently intermittent and was subsequently lost completely as well. However, the issue seemed to have resolved itself here by mid morning.  No reboot or any changes whatsoever at this end, everything simply started working again as if by magic. I just wanted to ensure that I wasn't going to get back to the 'joys' of a long weekend mail outage for whatever reason !  Fortunately I didn't and all is well Smiley

A bit strange but hopefully only a network hiccup or overrunning maintenance somewhere rather than a sign of things to come !

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue