cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

552 Spam Message Rejected

justin225

Hi There.

I'm a business owner sending legitimate emails to customers. But recently we have been receiving back the message below. Can someone advise please?  We are all setup with SPF, DKIM etc. Thank you.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

****@*****.plus.com
host mx.avasin.plus.net [212.159.8.200]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: 552 Spam Message Rejected

Hi @justin225,

I'm sorry that your emails are being rejected by the spam filter and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. It's likely that there's something in the email body, such as a hyperlink, that's triggering the filter.

I'd recommend that you have a look at the thread here for advice on how to resolve this issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
justin225

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your reply.

The only hyperlinks in the emails are to our own website and thats the same as the sender email address, so i don't think it will be that.   

The only thing which has change recently it that we recently introduced 2 emojis. 1 in the subject and 1 in the preheader.  Could this be the issue?  We're not having problems with any other major email services.

Thank you.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @justin225

Is the email bouncing back from a single recipient? If so it could well be something on the recipients side, such as the spam filter being set too strongly rejecting anything that looks like a business/marketing email.

It might be worth dropping the emoji from the subject and trying it that way to see if the recipients spam filter is thinking the emoji is a junk/spam email.

Let us know if that works.