cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email icon

dgdclynx
Grafter

email icon

When I click on it I get an error message. When setting up my profile I asked for email address to be hidden which may be relevant.
24 REPLIES 24
dgdclynx
Grafter

Re: email icon

Quote from: dgdclynx
When I click on it I get an error message. When setting up my profile I asked for email address to be hidden which may be relevant.

I am probably trying to send email to myself and it dont like it.
dgdclynx
Grafter

I am probably trying to send email to myself and it dont like it.

No. I clicked on Bilbo's email icon and got the same error msg: You cannot send Email.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I can't send email to you either, or to someone else I tried.
I also asked for my email address to be hidden but the icon appears in my posts.  I suspect the request is being honoured but showing the email icon seems to be an anomaly.
David
jtn
Grafter

Hi David.
The only icon I can see under your name is send a pm icon and the profile one.
Cheers
Jon
edit to add.
the hide email address thing is to do with whether it shows up in your public profile or not, rather than if you allow them.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Hi Jon,
This gets curiouser and curiouser.  Originally those are the only icons I could see against your post.  I started a reply then went back to your post, could see an email icon then (in the middle of the others).
Wondered if I'd been mistaken originally, so looked in another thread, then came back here and your email icon had vanished again!
Huh
Regards
David
jtn
Grafter

Hi .
Not sure what is happening here. I've changed the email settings a couple of times but what is shown doesn't seem to relate to the changes. Could be a browser cache thing, I don't know.
Do you see my email addy when looking at my profile?
Cheers
Jon
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Hi Jon,
No, it says "hidden".
I wonder if the email icon appeared transiently, then disappeared again if you were changing settings while I was doing the previous post?
David
jtn
Grafter

Hi.
Looks like I was wrong on the hidden/not hidden stuff regarding whether an email can be sent or not(from what I can see anyway). Not sure what's up with the icons
Cheers
Jon
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Still happening?  Seems fine to me.  I either get a "user has hidden email address" message, or a box to send them email.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
dgdclynx
Grafter

Just reporting that I got James_H's email. Still puzzled at to why I cant send. I would have tried sending one back to James but he doesnt have an icon.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Can you send to me?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
dgdclynx
Grafter

No Kelly.
Colin
Grafter

I think in an un-moddes SMF, it hides the icon as SMF does unobscured emails by default. I installed a Mod that let it use that form instead though, which may not be working correctly...
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Quote from: Kelly
Can you send to me?

I just tried to email Kelly; whether I click the icon shown under the username or the Email User button in Kelly's profile I get the error message:
An Error Has Occurred! (shown on a purple strip)
You can not send email. 
David