cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have reached the limit of the number of private messages you can send just now...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

You have reached the limit of the number of private messages you can send just now...

As per the title ... please try later.

Not sent any recently.

Logged out and in - still cannot send any.

What gives please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: You have reached the limit of the number of private messages you can send just now...

Further testing threw up other errors, which I now suspect are misleading.

Error scenario was seeking to reply to a received PM, quoting that PM in full, it containing an embedded image.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: You have reached the limit of the number of private messages you can send just now...

I’ve received 4 of the same message from you tonight. 

I suspect they were queued up somewhere and all sent in one go. 

Which browser were you using out of interest?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

MS Edge on Win11.

To the best of my awareness I only successfully sent one, without the embedded image.  If you have others with an imbedded image, then the UI fibbed to me!!  I saw only errors, not successful message submission notifications ... apart from the last one without the image.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

First 3 messages contained the image, the 4th didn’t.

Interestingly, the 1st came through earlier this evening and the last 3 all at the same time about an hour ago. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The first was my first attempt to reply (and add you in) which from my perspective failed.  I went away and did something else.

I then came back and made further attempts which from my perspective all failed.

I ditched the image from the quote adding a note to the other party to send the image direct to you - that from my perspective was successful leading to the update here above.

Looks like another "best in their class" forum bug!  So delighted we are not using one of the also ran suppliers of forum technology.