Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While we're at it..

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

While we're at it..

I think we need to discuss the time delay for this too:

I don't think the delay is long enough personally. Sure, it could be argued that you get a minute or two to edit before that line is applied, it could also be argued that you use the preview button however when using several or large images in a post the preview button can take some while to return the html content.
Therefore I think we must now consider the "Last edited by" lines time delay.
I'm guessing its set to something like a minute. Can we at least have 10?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: While we're at it..

It is presently set to 90 secs and as far as I know always has been
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Since when could you remove your own posts Oldjim? I just noticed I could remove mine myself, cant say I noticed that feature before?
Now the option I saw has gone...strange.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7up
Community Veteran

You can? - I've never noticed that!
In light of M_Steves strikeout my post makes no sense so struck out too  Crazy lol
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The answer to the crossed out question is I have no idea as you shouldn't be able to
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Its not showing up now but right next to the modify option was a remove option honestly.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7up
Community Veteran

Well they can't be having that can they!
The NSA, CIA, Prism, GCHQ, The Russians, The Chinese and the Iranians won't be able to get their hands on it if we remove it. No doubt PN are supplying whoever wants our data.. they were quite happy to fold with ACS  Lips_are_sealed
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: 7up
I think we need to discuss the time delay for this too:

I don't think the delay is long enough personally. Sure, it could be argued that you get a minute or two to edit before that line is applied, it could also be argued that you use the preview button however when using several or large images in a post the preview button can take some while to return the html content.
Therefore I think we must now consider the "Last edited by" lines time delay.
I'm guessing its set to something like a minute. Can we at least have 10?

I've often thought this too.
As you are aware, some of my posts / thread starters are very comprehensive, and despite using preview, they always look different once posted.
And of course, the main problem with preview is..... Images are not shown.
So it's guesswork until posted whether the images work or not !
And sometimes quotes are a nightmare, quotes within quotes appear, spotted once posted.
WYSIWYG Preview would be nice.
Then, being human, trying to edit any inconsistencies within 90 seconds, sometimes leads to other errors !!
It would be nice to have say 10 minutes to edit and clean up posts, before the "Last Edit" is displayed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

While not taking a position on this - because I hadn't even considered it - the one drawback I can see with an extended unrecorded edit time is that it would allow someone to read and reply to a post and then wonder why what he replied to was totally different
I would add that you would be amazed - or perhaps not - at the number of times I spot spelling errors just after posting despite having the errors underlined in red by the spell checker
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Would help if the spell-checker was English (rather than American) - is that on my system somewhere or on the Forum system?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

it is on your system as the Forum doesn't have one
7up
Community Veteran

My browser doesn't have one. It did once but seamonkey kept auto updating and eventually the plugin became incorrect and it couldn't find a new matching version.
I gave up at that point.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Oldjim

I would add that you would be amazed - or perhaps not - at the number of times I spot spelling errors just after posting despite having the errors underlined in red by the spell checker

I know that feeling all too well !!
If I spot someone else's, I will generally PM them to point it out to them.