cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with the Community Library?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: What is wrong with the Community Library?

Nope!  IIRC  The changes were needed to 'fix' a series of prior serious problems encountered whilst moving from 'Test' to 'Live' Embarrassed
M
dick:quote

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC
  Lips_are_sealed
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: spraxyt
As far as I'm aware only staff can add or edit articles at the moment.
David

I was given to understand that this was done quite deliberately some considerable while ago for a whole variety of reasons (one might have been an issue related to wordpress but I can't be certain).
BUT I actually believe it should remain as it it. If someone has an article that they think could be usefully put into the Community Library, I'd suggest that they submit it as a separate thread on this board where it can then be reviewed by staff, moderators etc and then added if appropriate.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Anotherone,
The library was intended to do this, the user would submit an article and it would go in to a moderation status until approved. Unfortunately that's one of the parts of functionality that isn't currently working there.
@Mook
If you'd like me to make the post in your name, please let me know and I'll arrange that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

@Chris
Has someone been messing with the "Login" again?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not that I'm aware of. The login functionality isn't fully functional on the library, hence the main reason it was not taken out of beta. We didn't want to remove the library as a whole as there is a lot of useful and good help in there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

There IS indeed a WHOLE LOT of useful stuff in there and you would hear very load noises from several of us if there was any proposal to remove it  Wink  PM sent.