Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened earlier.....?

FIXED
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

What happened earlier.....?

So I was mid-reply earlier, finished the reply and hit post..... was greeted to this

ff.. oh dear.PNG

Waited patiently, pressing F5 for a while, until the maintenance finished.

Guess I missed the warning?

Went to try and find my reply, of course it was not there, so replied again.

Most of it was then reloaded using the load or discard function, phew, didn't waste too much time then....

So I hit post and signed out, to be greeted to this

confused.PNG

Time will tell I guess whether this sorts itself out or not but was there a warning and if this happens again, could we have an alert to save reply before getting booted?

Anyone else see the user online page in the same way?

TIA

184 REPLIES 184
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: What happened earlier.....?

No, but I have a notification which I can't read (loads 'about JayG' page rather than list of notifications page.)

(If this posts successfully it will be the 4th attempt!)

JayG
Pro

Reason it took 4 attempts is that page freezes on 'Preview'.

JayG
Pro

Update: have managed to read my notification via 'My Notifications' bar in 'useful links' at bottom of forum page.

Still unable to preview replies before posting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the forum is broken. I got logged out in the middle of browsing the forum pages. My notifications don't work - the pop-up panel doesn't appear. The edit buttons in the Rich Text editor are missing - so can't include images, emoji, etc The list of avatars of logged in users is showing MANY repeats.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Whatever they did last night has completely borked the forum pages. You cannot use the drop-down from your avatar and you can't collapse unwanted boards if you have 'floated the ones you want to the top, as I have. Also, the 'smilies' and formatting options have disappeared. Methinks it will be down again soon.
John
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also appears the formatting of the Rich Text editor is lost when [Post]ed. Previous posts can't be edited.
jab1
Legend

Yup, totally fubarred!
John
jab1
Legend

PLUSNET - whatever you did around 2130 last night needs reverting -quick!!
John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Partially working for me now, but 'liking' a post took > 40 seconds!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Nope - still totally borked, @MauriceC.
John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have to agree @jab1   Some bits work, but other bits FUBAR!  E.g. I can see that I two 'Notifications' but the links are both set to direct to 'My Profile'.

EDIT: 

• I can get to Notifications OK from the bottom Menu bar but not from the Icon top right of the page.
  • Attempted to 'escalate'  to focus some attention and got this (See image) - well I tried!  I have the .jpg but the 'photo' Icon is greyed out!

Time to go off and do something more useful and productive methinks.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DS
Seasoned Champion

To add ....

I initially thought these forums going offline was to fix issues I've been reporting for some time, I did actually mention it 2 weeks ago

I was testing the connection the other night and as part of the test I looked at recent posts on here. I noticed that my browser was waiting on this URL to load - see lower left corner

2203 on 10.02.19.PNG

I was seeing oddities here too

Just completed the fault log.

Oddly, these urls took a while to load too whilst filling out the form:

2210 on 20.02.19.PNG

It therefore took quite a while to complete Sad

The above could be down to my connection issues, however, I also thought it could have been for this

Apologies for 'stepping on toes' here...

Are you noticing this on only Wireless or Wired connections also? 

In my case, both! Huh

Even more bizzare was when logging out of these very forums a few moments ago.

It was too quick for me to capture, but one url (one of several I see, possibly down to me/my connection) was something like happykids.co.uk or happychildren.co.uk/com not sure what it was or why it popped up but it was certainly there....?

Could it be someones forum image ID or a link they posted.

Reminds me of the time when BTForums were waiting on gz.water.ch - this was escalated as I captured proof.

I'll not link those, but it continued

(not related to my issues, but this popped up earlier when browsing these forums - not sure if I was still logged in or out though):

pn forums.PNG

Then things really started to go a little wonky

'It' has just happened again.

Signed in, made a post, signed out

browser was waiting for dhea.org

I'd just deleted browser history (etc) too, no other tabs or searches carried out prior to posting on another thread.

(too quick for snipping tool)

The forum pages did seem slow, hence why I paid close attention to any urls during signing out.

<snipped>

Ditto - signed out, same again, but caught it this time!

boom.PNG

(lower left hand of screen - amongst other urls but they're too quick)

On Saturday, it was going to be looked at

Tagging in the Gaffer @JonoH to see if he has heard any noise about this URL mismatch before. 

Though it continued

Soooo, sign in to gives you a thumbs up

sign out

Got exactly the same

But, the first one this time (only opened browser recently)

still doing it.PNG

(the urls are when you click sign out - that's when I see them - there's no way our log in details are being harvested, are they?)

I was advise to

Whilst I appreciate you are keeping us up to speed on this -  I think we have enough info on it now. 

So I didn't carry on.

All of the above could well have nothing to do with these forums going offline, but thought I'd mention them in case it transpires some of the above was part of the reason Wink

Having just signed in, my notifications appear to be working - only had 2, but clicking on either took me to the relevant thread/post.

I'm also seeing smilies

PLUSNET - whatever you did around 2130 last night needs reverting -quick!!

The most recent hiccup, prior to the early hours was this - https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Dud-YouView-Remote/m-p/1619501#M5554 which was around 8:30pm yesterday.

Time to go off and do something more useful and productive methinks.

I'm going to see how it goes, then may join you!!

Thanks for all the replied thus far and sorry this one was rather long!! Wink

DS
Seasoned Champion

I too have now lost the ability to sign out in the normal manner

I was also reading a page, when someone turned the lights out!! (tested on several other pages, same effect)

<there should now be an image, but the add a photo button doesn't work too!!>

The reply button is/was borked too, you have to beat the lights going out or else this stops reply from working!!

(if you're having issues reading this, just read the words in bold in order)

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned by @shutter in another thread the Options button doesn't work either! Maybe the Lithium Dev's missed breakfast.