cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a mess

Rasputin

What a mess

Since we have changed to the new site it has been a total mess for me.

I am unable to get access to the forum other than joining as a new member thus my ability to make this post.

I am unable to get access to my plusnet emails as my user name and password are not recognised.

Oddly enough I can get access to the main Plusnet site but not the forum.

Three phone calls to support and I am no further on all efforts to reset passwords has failed as nothing arrives in my gmail box, and yes I have checked the spam box but nothing there either.

What an absolute mess.

Who am I ?

Gleneagles.

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: What a mess

Hi Gleneagles, looking at the account @gleneagles the email address isn't gmail, it's tiscali.

You'll be able to get on to the member centre but not the forum as the accounts are not connected. The forum will be locked out until the password is reset, which is why we asked everyone to make sure their emails for the forum were up to date prior to the cut over.

In regards to being unable to access plusnet emails, the new community has nothing to do with plusnet emails so I believe this is likely to just be a coincidence. Can you give us any more information on this? Do you receive an error message at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Gleneagles   Be aware that the verification email has been taking up to 4 hours to arrive!  Already reported as a problem and is being investigated.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@MauriceC Although there does seem to be some sort of intermittent problem with that, the key here is:

Rasputin wrote:

all efforts to reset passwords has failed as nothing arrives in my gmail box

HarryB wrote:

the email address isn't gmail, it's tiscali.

Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Rasputin

Thank you for your reply via the forum and email.

I Have not used or have access to the tiscali email address for many years and fully accept the error is mine and apologise for giving the impression that the fault was at your end.

What I now need to know is how to rectify the problem as I only have access to the gmail address.

Regarding the plusnet email address there is nothing of importance in it so is it possible to wipe the whole thing and allow me to set up a new plusnet e mail address

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've put a ticket on your account regarding this. If you could reply via your account I'll try to get it sorted asap.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@gleneagles This should hopefully be fixed now Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet