cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Source - Make it resizable so you can see more than a couple of lines?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

View Source - Make it resizable so you can see more than a couple of lines?

Well it looks like the feedback bug has finally been fixed, shame the spell checker will never return. Anyway ..

Another good old Lithium 'feature' is when you try to actually "use" Laugh view source the dialog box will only display around a couple of lines and it is not resizable so it can't hold something you can actually read.

Would it be possible to actually be able to resize it so you could read more than what you could write on a postage stamp?

I was trying to use that today which was painful.

8 REPLIES 8
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Re: View Source - Make it resizable so you can see more than a couple of lines?

@Alex wrote:

Well it looks like the feedback bug has finally been fixed, shame the spell checker will never return. Anyway ..

If I recall correctly @Alex you finally bit the bullet and followed @Mook 's suggestion to rid yourself of the Feedback 'bug', and if you have a browser spell checker it will solve that problem, at least it does for me.  Wink

Another good old Lithium 'feature' is when you try to actually "use" Laugh view source the dialog box will only display around a couple of lines and it is not resizable so it can't hold something you can actually read.

Would it be possible to actually be able to resize it so you could read more than what you could write on a postage stamp?

I was trying to use that today which was painful.

Unless I've misunderstood what you mean by "view source", likewise with that 'problem', isn't that browser related?

View page source works fine for me using Chrome.

Alex
Community Veteran

I don't recall on using any hacks to shield the bug, but I may have done I suppose.
Besides, shouldn't UAT have at least been applied before the server changes were made live? Or even some testing at all?

Yes I am well aware I could use other applications for a spell checker, but that still doesn't explain why the built in one was removed in the first place?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Alex wrote:

I don't recall on using any hacks to shield the bug, but I may have done I suppose.

Here you go @Alex  Wink

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/The-good-old-Feedback-Bug/m-p/1850729/highligh...

Yes I am well aware I could use other applications for a spell checker, ...

Maybe one day ... Wink

And maybe try a different browser to see how it displays 'View source' - just to see what happens?  Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran

Well here is what I am talking about. I was trying to edit the source in another post yesterday.

So on this one how can I edit more than two lines directly on the server?

ViewNotMuchSource.jpg

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Ah, I see what you mean @Alex , the HTML editor.  Yes that's been mentioned before, and I agree it's not good.

A workaround is to select your complete reply in the HTML editor and cut/paste it into a text editor (such as Notepad in Windows - and yes, I know you have a Mac), do your editing, then copy/paste it back to the HTML editor.

HTH

Alex
Community Veteran

Yeah thanks @RobPN my fault as I wasn't quite clear in my original post .. I would have thought it would be a simple bug to fix but a pain to have to Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to another text editor and back again all the time.

Hopefully with the extra mods (welcome by the way 😀) we may have the luxury of any actual testing having being performed on these forums before changes are made live?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Alex Khorus - not the mods - implement all forum software changes. Thought you as a developer would know that?

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @jab1, nope, I admit don't really know the in's and out's of how things are done internally.

I appreciate the mods can only give Khorous feedback, from their own experience (as of course they use the boards to a different level to a standard user) and to what a standard user feels, which is why the Feedback board exists. Which I think is a good thing.

My development experience has mainly been writing things for myself and working as a team and using some third party API's. Though generally I implement changes myself - subject to my boss and the end user's approval.

Then work with the test team fixing defects. As a deveioper you can then blame a defect as a 'design feature'. That was a joke by the way 😀