Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo a thanks

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Undo a thanks

Is there a way to do this? I fat fingered the screen earlier and thanked the wrong post, can I undo this, if not then I have to ask why not.

13 REPLIES 13
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Undo a thanks

Fix

I have just checked and there should be an option under Post Options: 'Revoke my thanks' but you may need to refresh the page first.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Well!  You should be able to click the 'Thanks' button a second time to toggle the thanks.  Hovering over the button gives the correct message, but the button is 'greyed out' and inactive.

I'm sure this worked when the forum first went live and I tested it, so something has changed.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Works as per Mav's instructions. You need to refresh the page to get the option in the Post Options.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A distinctly lithium method doing things.Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@MauriceC

I thought you were going to try and unthank me just as I did to @Mav to test the theory. And yes, I also tried the thanks button too as it seemed the obvious choice and is labelled as such too.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you click the thanks button @jaread83 advised us elsewhere that the counter update is done by a localised AJAX call. This means the rest of the page needs a refresh to pick the status change up and make associated changes in menu options.

However refreshing the page does not activate removal of thanks on the original button. Something for Plusnet to take a look at. Thanks to @MauriceC for being the guinea pig for my check. Grin

David
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC - That was my way of thinking I assumed that it would be a toggle operation and without seeing an obvious option to undo having not refreshed that page I simply, albeit wrongly, assumed it didn't exist or I was missing something. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

A quick thought on a similar note ,, can you Change a Fix ? if it becomes no longer a Fix ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, the OP gets a "remove fix" option in the appropriate Post options menu. Again it  probably needs a page refresh after a "fix" is applied to see it.

David
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Thanks Spraxyt Smiley  something i had never seen

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The thanks button has been heavily modified by myself (it was a lot bigger, there was text next to the thumbs up button and the counter and button were two separate elements entirely) and a recent update of the platform allowed you to revoke thanks by simply clicking it again. My modifications have stopped this from happening and it's on my list of things to look at for the next update. Will let you know when I have got a fix ready on the staging environment. You can still use the options on a message to revoke the thanks in the meantime. Sorry about that guys.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way to do this? I fat fingered the screen earlier and thanked the wrong post, can I undo this, if not then I have to ask why not.

Fancy that... I never thought that I would see someone with a "no thank you " attitude on here ...  GrinGrinCheesy

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Lithium advised me that my modifications to the element were causing the behaviour of clicking it again to revoke the thanks was the issue. I have investigated further and found that it is not my modification and is in fact a problem with the code that I cannot change. Basically, there is a CSS for 'pointer-events: none;' attached to the button once clicked which is stopping a user from clicking it again. I have gone back to Lithium with this info and told them to sort it out.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.