Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclickable Topic

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Unclickable Topic

I have this thread in my unread threads (shown in png)

Unclickable Topic.PNG

However the line "Speed Drop on Fibre Unlimited" is not clickable, I cannot see it in the Fibre Broadband board when I go there, and the Unread Posts is the same.

Since I took this OldJim has replied to the OP but still the contents of the thread are not available to me.

Weird.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
14 REPLIES 14
SpendLessTime
Hero

Re: Unclickable Topic

And logging out and back in again makes no difference.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The whole thread has vanished

2016-06-27_102330.jpg

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I can confirm that I was seeing the same results as @SpendLessTimeI

Looking at 'code inspector'  the title was showing   ..... link disabled.....   Then it all disappeared?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The thread is there and I can click the link on anywhere I can see it. Where did you see the link for it to be unclickable?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Well this is very odd. I can't edit the OP and the reply buttons are not there! @LouisaMartin, this is very strange behaviour.. can you please raise this as a support ticket ASAP please?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Look at the picture in my post as an example

Teaching my Granny to suck eggs I would suggest that the thread has been moved from the Fibre Board to a hidden board where nobody has write/reply permissions

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I just checked the spam folder. It got caught in it for some reason which would explain why its being weird. I will ask the mods to release it.

@LouisaMartin, i think this got caught in the spam filter which would explain the strange behaviour.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

That would explain it but raises an even bigger can of worms

How can the spam filter suddenly decide to move a complete thread to spam rather than an individual post

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not sure Jim, I do not know how the spam filter works. It might periodically check new threads every few minutes rather than on the fly but I can't say for sure. Mods have been notified to release the thread. I check the spam filter a few times a day and its starting to learn not to flag legitimate threads but sometimes one might get caught so we need to release the thread to have the filter learn more about what is good vs bad content.

I have to say though.. its been very good at flagging up clearly bad content! There was a wave of spammers at first but its becoming less frequent over the last week.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@jaread83 wrote:

The thread is there and I can click the link on anywhere I can see it. Where did you see the link for it to be unclickable?

I saw the link on 

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread and

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

and as stated, the subject was not clickable.

As can be seen from the various posts, this problem existed for over 20 minutes; indeed it took me probably 5 minutes form seeing the issue to finishing my new thread about it.

A puzzle is that @Oldjim could reply to the topic where I could not even read it as my screen scrape shows clearly only the OP's original post was there.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@SpendLessTime wrote:

I saw the link on 

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/thread and

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

and as stated, the subject was not clickable.

Yup!  That's where I saw it and started looking at the page with FF code inspector.

A puzzle is that @Oldjim could reply to the topic where I could not even read it as my screen scrape shows clearly only the OP's original post was there.

Possibly @Oldjim has some of those privileges as part of the testing team?

If it is / was caused by being in the Spam Trap then it should appear in neither the Thread NOR the Unread Topics page.  But clearly both @SpendLessTime and I could see it (albeit briefly!)

M

Response delayed by technical problems my end.Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Nothing to do with privileges rather the fact that either I replied before it was spotted as spam or it was my post which did it

Note that I saw it in the unread topics list

SpendLessTime
Hero

@Oldjim

The post was still unreplied to when I saw it and couldn't get to it. It took me a few minutes of trying to read it in its unanswered state before I screen grabbed it . And the grab shows it wasn't answered, your published reply to it came while I was previewing the thread before clicking publish.

It is weird as I've never seen this before with an initial post being put into Spam but still visible in the Unread lists.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The thread has been released from the spam folder now.