Re: Unable to view images.

and I can only see the bottom half of pictures -

Screenshot-2017-11-29 Bluejay5.png

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

For reasons I am unsure of, Lithium have attachments sent to a cloud server somewhere so this new 'preview' thing works. I cannot view any attachments via the link either because the external cloud host is blocked on our office network. At first I thought that it could be the platform and it affects everyone so I reported it. Lithium asked me to try on a network outside of my office... and it worked. So I closed the case and got asking our IT dept about unblocking it on our internal network.. but that isn't happening (fair enough). So I closed the support case. This was about a week ago.

Did you try clicking the little download button on the side? That's the only way I can get to attachments due to the reasons stated above.

I will go ahead and reopen this support case as I feel that the new attachment functionality isn't fit for purpose.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous, the functionality in question is about the attachments, not the inline image uploader.

What version browser are you using to show that? Does it affect all inline images in posts?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK then split my question into a separate topic.

Firefox 57.0

I'm not in the image uploader.

To reproduce the above problem -

Have a look at Bluejay5's profile - https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/50806

Find on that screen "Bluejay5s images" and left click on the dog picture, and that displays in the viewer.

Then hit the <full screen> arrows symbol in the top right corner of the viewer area.

The result for me is the top half of the image disappears.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Anonymous, I have replicated the issue on Firefox 58 too! I will raise this with Lithium as well.

@Anonymous, I have reopened the support case regarding the attachments and also posted on the dev community asking how to revert it back to how it was before. If I can not get any answers then what I am going to have to do is create a script to manipulate the attachments link to get rid of the preview link, take the 'download' link and inject the attachment text into it, removing the icon.. can be done with a bit of work and then we'd have it back to what it was before without the preview modal (which I really dislike).

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have raised both of these issues with Lithium as seperate cases. I have just received an email of acknowledgement about the image showing only half when viewed in full screen.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Anonymous wrote:

The result for me is the top half of the image disappears.

I can recreate this in Pale Moon x64.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I get the full dog image using Chrome.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

FF 58 on full screen view i only see half a dog ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Here's what I get in Chrome..

Doggy.jpg

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Pete11 wrote:

I get the full dog image using Chrome.

Half a dog for me using Chrome (62.0.3202.94). Anyone using ad/script blockers? I have uBlock origin installed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@bobpullen i had Ublock origin running , just turned it off for PN forum and still only see half a Dog ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

FF57.0 with uBlock Origin and AdMuncher running, and I see a full dog.Huh

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous, I figured out how to disable the preview mode for attachments via the backend options, attachment links are now to what they were before.

I have received a response from Lithium about the 'half image on fullscreen' bug and this is a known bug and is being investigated to be fixed. There is no ETA on a fix for this but I have been told that I will be notified of any updates for this bug.