Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Top fixers' panel

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

'Top fixers' panel

@JonoH Only a minor point, but has someone been fiddling with the forum? Somehow, the above list now shows only PN staff, whereas for as long as I can remember, it has previously shown ordinary Community members?

EDIT: @MisterW is on it - but with what looks like his total 'fix' count.

John
29 REPLIES 29
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 'Top fixers' panel

If you drill down into the top fix leaderboard, it looks like it’s sorting the fixes by ‘all time’ no matter what time range you click on. Huh 

Thanks for flagging @jab1 I’ll raise for further investigation

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It has certainly changed, I was on the list a day or 2 ago and I'm definitely not in the all time list.😀

jab1
Legend

You are #28 on the list, @RealAleMadrid 😀

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like you can't see yourself on the list. I can't see me but by rights I should be second to dvorak. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Only second @Gandalf ? Roll_eyes

jab1
Legend

@Gandalf wrote:

It looks like you can't see yourself on the list. I can't see me but by rights I should be second to dvorak. Cheesy

You can, @Gandalf - I'm #14 or 15 - can't remember which.😉

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobPN wrote:

Only second @Gandalf ? Roll_eyes

I know right? Outrage isn’t it? Tongue

Now this is odd. I logged out and I still couldn’t see me.

All these years earning fixes for nought...

[edit]

Also it looks like the mods/superusers are higher up on the top fix leaderboard that I can see because they’ve got a lot of ‘secret’ fixes from posts on their private boards.

For those who can’t see the private boards I suspect dvorak wouldn’t show at the very top. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Sounds like an update has been applied, now the Super Users (that should be two words not one) and the mods boards are now being included in some SQL queries now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Alex they’re not showing up if I log out my staff account so I don’t think that’s the case. Also if you toggle through the time periods, the order doesn’t change. I think the order is just set to All Time no matter what you select.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks, just got my development hat on 😛. Sure you've tried logging out of your staff account and one with just standard permissions. If I can help with testing let me know.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep. Cheers, should be all good but I’ll let you know if we do need help testing. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks, you know where I am if you need me,
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@JonoH 

I seem to recall when we were developing this forum's functionality, it was agreed (determined?) that staff** would not be included on the fixes leader boards, so as to place customer members at the top.

Am I imagining this?

We are all aware that a fair deal of the good customisation on here has broken over the years as Lithium (or whatever name they use this year) has slapped yet another part tested un-scoped change on the service.  Still waiting for the post editor to be restored to what it once was.

Please bring back @jaread83 

**Edit - if this were the intention, then I can see that ex-staff might "muddy" this principle - see Chris!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Townman wrote:

@JonoH 

I seem to recall when we were developing this forum's functionality, it was agreed (determined?) that staff** would not be included on the fixes leader boards, so as to place customer members at the top.

Am I imagining this?

Nope, that's exactly right.

@Townman wrote:

**Edit - if this were the intention, then I can see that ex-staff might "muddy" this principle - see Chris!

I think I've a button that removes all fixes from an account so if we were precious about it we could likely rectify it, it's one of the reason why all new starters create a new forum account rather than use any existing one, and I'll nuke it if and when they depart.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager