cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing Out

Boz
Rising Star

Timing Out

I notice that when I try to post in the forums, I receive a "timed out" message more frequently than I would have expected.
How much time do you normally allow posters to write their posts ?

Boz
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Timing Out

I have no idea but are you sure about the timeout bit as the forums often just grind to a halt when trying to post specially with an attachment
A further thought - how have you set the login time as the default is 60 minutes
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I can't remember the wording but something about having timed out while trying to post is not that uncommon, especially for long posts (I don't type too quickly and often pause to think and review before posting).
It can be worthwhile highlighting what you're about to post and copying to the clipboard (or equivalent depending on operating system), if the posting fails you can then simply paste into the new attempt (works for me).  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I'm getting a lot of 'connection closed by remote server'  messages atm when browsing the forum. Not had any timeouts when posting though.
Boz
Rising Star

Quote from: Oldjim
A further thought - how have you set the login time as the default is 60 minutes

When I log in, the "minutes to stay logged in" field always shows "60".
Even though the posting session is timed out, I always stay logged in.

Boz
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Oldjim
I have no idea but are you sure about the timeout bit as the forums often just grind to a halt when trying to post specially with an attachment

Did we ever raise an internal problem about the attachment thing Jim?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume so but you never fixed it so it would be worth raising another