cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing Out

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Timing Out

Those of you who look at the Windows Software section of this forum will have seen that I have been having a few problems over the last few weeks. A new one is that although when I log on to this forum, it says Log on for 60 Minutes, if I write a message which takes a few minutes, I can find I cannot send it because I have timed out. Now I may be verbose on the keyboard, and I try to give all the details, but the msg doesn't take many minutes to write, so any ideas why I am getting this timeout problem?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Timing Out

Good question - I see similar things from time to time.  I have the "stayed logged in" option set, yet from time to time, I see "session expired" messages.
I conclude that either "stayed logged in" either automatically sets up a new session when the old one expired (provided you are not typing) or whilst spending a while typing the load balancer looses track of things so that the next "send" appears to have no session.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Timing Out

Thanks