Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread not clearing when read.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Thread not clearing when read.

I've seen this action once before (i think). I have just read the thread 'You'd think they would know better' in General chat, but when I go back to the forum list, it shows (now 2) unread posts - clicking 'view unread posts' takes me to the longish post by 'shutter' which is STILL showing as unread - even after four visits.Huh

Weird - just been back - and it has cleared.

John
9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Thread not clearing when read.

@jab1

This is something that @jaread83 is aware of. For now, once you have read all posts and it still persists then use the Options - Select 'Mark all Posts in Community as Read'

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

Tnaks @Mav - that was going to be my next action (did you see my edit?), but for some reason I thought Jack had said this was resolved in the last update - I must be wrong.

John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

jab1 wrote: 
I thought Jack had said this was resolved in the last update - I must be wrong.

It was reported as fixed by Lithium, but at least one other user has reported that problem still exists.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've had this problem for some time.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This is becoming a bit of a bug bear for everyone so I am going to raise a new support case with Lithium about this. While it is true that the moving of unread posts to a new board leaving a ghost behind has been fixed .. it seems to have done something odd with the status of certain posts. I can't seem to see any particular reason why certain posts behave in this way. Can anyone identify any kind of common element with these posts that appear as unread after reading them? It seems a bit random to me with no rhyme or reason why.

edit: were any of these posts editted?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jab1
Legend

@jaread83 The post causing me the aggro yesterday HAD been edited (before I read it). It was shutters' post #48 in the thread 'You'd think they'd know better' in General Chat.

John
Mav
Fixes: 515

@jaread83

I've not noticed any particular pattern. Some had been moderator edited, some moved, some OP edited and some with a combination of above and some with none of the above. Can't quite remember but there may have been at least one released from the Spam Filter. Occasionally I have seen two being left behind.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've not noticed any particular commonality between the affected posts @jaread83  it just seems to happen.  It does seem to have reduced since the Lithium 'fix' some weeks back though and I haven't personally seen an incident since.  Though I may live to regret saying that Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Okay thanks all. I will raise a support case with Lithium to see if they can investigate this further. It might be a bug introduced in the software update.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.