Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The good old Feedback Bug

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The good old Feedback Bug

Could a mod or admin please remove this from my account?
I'd like to post without being bothered every yoctosecond with this bug.
I have already left around 8 'Feedback' comments asking for the bug to be fixed.

Looks like sites such as Argos have had the same QA Testing as PlusNet have done (i.e. none) and they have the same bug too.

Come back phpBB2 all is forgiven, we now have Lithium minus something useful (i.e. the spell checker - what happened to that?).

10 REPLIES 10
Alex
Community Veteran

Re: The good old Feedback Bug

Bad form replying to myself, but it seems it is powered rather too well by Medallia?

How hard would it be to fix the bug, so when a user leaves Feedback it will leave you alone for a certain number of days?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

This is the second thread concerning the same topic you've started in here recently @Alex .

Unsurprisingly the other recent one received no replies, but maybe that's because you were given tips on how to avoid the feedback tab here, which is where four or five of your other 'Feedback tab' threads were merged to by the mods. Wink

Alex
Community Veteran

Sorry I was having a bad day, yes I know I have mentioned it before but nothing seems to happen.

I know there are ways of blocking it, but I don't see why I should have to mess around with software on my computer to circumvent this bug?

Surely it can't be hard 🙄 for Lithium to code a Boolean flag called 'DoNotSpamWithTheFeedbackBug' and have the code check that on the server level? If they could be bothered, (which they can't) then please feel free to set it to 1 in the User database table under my account?

I do like the forum and the people here, just a shame this software is so awful and had no testing before it was made live. Oh well I'll say no more on it I suppose. Would just be nice if the developers could be bothered to fix this within my life expectancy.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Nothing has been done @Alex as no one else considers it a bug. If you want it removed you'll at least need to try some of the suggestions made elsewhere.

Alex
Community Veteran

If it is not a bug then explain to me how to disable it then?
I want a server level solution, and not a hack with software I have to install on the client?

If I wrote software like this, without testing it, then I would be fired.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

It's a bit like the 101 notification bug. That never got fixed either as it's still happening
Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks - I've not experienced that yet.

Sorry I don't want to upset anyone, I am just trying to help by reporting issues when I find them. The whole reason for this section of the forum 🙂

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Fix

You know I can't give you a server solution as I've no access to the source. However I did give you a possible solution to it, message 12, in the thread cited by @RobPN 'here' above. But if you don't want to try it then that's your call.

Alex
Community Veteran

As I say, I don't really want to mess around with my cookie (i.e. client settings) when it should be a straightforward server bug to fix?

But thanks @Mook I may as well try it out.

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @Mook just changed my settings on my Mac and it seems to have worked 🙂
So a well deserved 'fix' you'll get from me.